Three men arrested, cocaine worth millions seized in Penn Hills bust
Narcotics detectives from the Allegheny County District Attorney's Office and local police arrested three men and confiscated millions of dollars worth of cocaine and more than $100,000 in cash Tuesday evening during a drug bust at a home in Penn Hills.
Detectives, investigating drug activity in Monroeville at the request of police, saw David Chavez Carbajal, a Mexican national, leaving a motel and driving to the home of William Wilson on Pinewood Square in Penn Hills, said Mike Manko, a spokesman for District Attorney Stephen A. Zappala Jr.
Detectives saw Leland Cobb of Homewood leaving the residence with a large bag and searched the home and found four kilos of cocaine, a stolen gun and the money, Manko said.
Four kilos of cocaine were found in Wilson's vehicle and 13 kilograms of cocaine were found in Cobb's vehicle, Manko said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Penguins president: General manager, coach won’t be fired
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Elites, media & character
- Pirates’ Cole reinforces status as emerging ace
- Biertempfel: Observations from a day at the ballpark
- Pitt AD Barnes has enjoyed varied career in college sports