Butler County residents eligible for discount drug card
Butler County commissioners on Wednesday approved a prescription drug discount program for county residents.
The Coast2Coast RX card likely will be available in early fall. It will not cost county government anything.
The commissioners unanimously approved adoption of the card, which will primarily be given out in pharmacies.
Average savings with the card last year was 61 percent, according to Financial Marketing Concepts, the Florida company that issues the cards.
There are 59,000 pharmacies that accept the card, including all large chains, many regional stores and independent pharmacies.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Polamalu could be next in long line of Steelers greats given unceremonial exit
- Over the falls — Cucumber Falls that is — go 3 kayakers in OhioPyle
- Wolf reverses Corbett, says deal between Highmark, UPMC doesn’t limit continuity of care to very ill
- Weather continues to cause crashes, public transportation delays
- Penguins’ Lovejoy embracing defensive pairing with Pouliot
- Football star’s mom embraced life with gusto
- Rossi: Kang would benefit from less attention
- Federal jury says gas company shorted owners on royalties
- Experts: Clinton took dangerous path with email system
- Pitt coach Narduzzi wants star RB Conner to focus on offense
- Pirates pitcher Locke fighting for 5th spot in starting rotation