Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV head resigns following investigation
The head of the Midwestern Intermediate Unit IV resigned Wednesday after an investigation showed questionable charges on an Intermediate Unit credit card, the unit's solicitor said.
Executive director Cecelia H. Yauger was placed on administrative leave after the board found evidence that she may have used the credit card for personal expenses, solicitor Timothy McNickle said.
The credit card records from 2007 through this year show "recurring and regular charges of a highly questionable nature," McNickle said. He said the matter will be turned over to law enforcement.
McNickle said Yauger has acknowledged she's obligated to make restitution at an amount to be determined by an independent auditor.
Angelo Pezzuolo, who retired as executive director in 2007, was appointed to serve the position on an interim basis.Intermediate Unit IV is based in Grove City and serves school districts in Butler, Lawrence and Mercer counties.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Sutter, Downie, Greiss being tested for mumps, out tonight
- Rossi: Steelers rising fast in mediocre AFC
- Heyward, swarming defense get best of Chiefs in Steelers’ win
- Audit of county jail health provider says money being wasted
- 1 person stabbed in South Connellsville
- Steelers offense learning to slam door
- Pittsburgh mayor Peduto goes ‘Undercover’ for CBS reality show
- Steelers notebook: Gay respects ‘anything’ referees call
- Police arrest 3 in Lincoln-Lemington following shooting
- Search for Duquesne University graduate Kochu continues
- Downie, Farnham bringing a much-needed edge to the Penguins