Firefighters respond to late-night fire in Homewood
Published: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 11:45 p.m.
City firefighters were battling a three-alarm fire late Thursday in Homewood.
The fire was reported shortly after 11 p.m. in a pair of garages and duplexes along Idlewild Street. Preliminary indications are that the bulk of the flames were in the garages, emergency dispatchers were told.
There was no immediate word of injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Longtime Kiski Area wrestling coach Chuck Tursky to be honored
- Leechburg fifth-grader’s art chosen for cover of anti-drug calendar
- Penguins center Sutter is thriving despite unsettled 3rd line
- Buffalo Township real estate taxes to rise by almost 30%
- Area charity founder to be on talk show
- CLO’s Christmas tradition ‘timeless’
- Roundup: Profit, revenue decline at Heinz; RBS paying $100M to settle US, NY sanction claims; more
- Alle-Kiski spotlight athletes: Freeport’s Josh Beale, Apollo-Ridge’s Ashley Emminger
- West Deer man accused of sexual contact with pre-teen ordered to trial
- East Deer blames 13% tax increase on assessment appeal losses
- Health-insurance mandate poses potential hitch for volunteer fire companies