Slippery Rock man charged with having sexual contact with three boys ages 3, 7 and 13
A Slippery Rock man arrested Thursday on child pornography charges said in a written statement to investigators that he had sexual contact with three boys on 30 occasions and took nude pictures of them, according to court documents.
U.S. Magistrate Judge Cynthia Eddy on Tuesday ordered Mark Beres, 53, held without bail until a grand jury indicts him. Beres, an optometrist at the Sears in New Castle, said he had over 10,000 images of child porn on his computer, including pictures of the boys, who are ages 3, 7 and 13.
The U.S. Postal Inspection Service is asking anyone with information about the case to call investigators at 412-490-6513.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Crosby, Malkin didn’t sign on for this
- Penguins’ Malkin: ‘We’re not a championship team’
- First Amendment experts decry Plum authorities’ warning to students
- Fleury valiant in defeat
- Penguins eliminated with Game 5 overtime loss to Rangers
- Cole shuts down Diamondbacks as Pirates open road trip with victory
- Former Olympian Bruce Jenner comes out as transgender: ‘I am a woman’
- All Pennsylvanians to pay more, GOP gleans from report on Wolf’s tax plan
- Rangers’ defensive plan against Penguins was unwavering
- Death toll from Nepal earthquake reaches at least 876
- 2 Hempfield Area students charged with sexting