Man arrested in Penn Hills shooting
Investigators have arrested a man in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding of another on Friday night at a home on Westwood Drive in Penn Hills.
Ronald Riviere, 22, was arrested at a home in Plum on Tuesday and charged with fatally shooting Brandon Stokes, 21, and wounding Kwasi Prince, 21, both of Penn Hills, at a party.
The men were hit with a single gunshot that was fired when Riviere reached into his pocket for money so Stokes could go on a “food run” to McDonald's, according to statements witnesses made to police.
Riviere drove both men to the hospital, police said. Stokes, who was shot in the chest, died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland. Prince was shot in the stomach.
Riviere is charged with homicide, carrying a gun without a license and aggravated assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- United Airlines hack coincided with incursion into government employee data
- Pirates acquire pitcher Blanton from Royals for cash
- Starkey: Garoppolo baffles Steelers
- Inside the Steelers: Williams’ quickness out of backfield evident in drills
- Steelers notebook: LB Dupree sits out backs-on–backers drill
- Peduto blasts Wolf’s plan to borrow $3B to shore up pensions
- McCutchen, Pirates cruise to interleague victory over Twins
- Tight ends’ role in Steelers passing game continues to lessen but players remain selfless
- Pirates notebook: Melancon bails out Watson with extended outing
- Gameday: Pirates at Reds, July 30, 2015
- Area coaches prefer staying put for camp