Man arrested in Penn Hills shooting
Investigators have arrested a man in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding of another on Friday night at a home on Westwood Drive in Penn Hills.
Ronald Riviere, 22, was arrested at a home in Plum on Tuesday and charged with fatally shooting Brandon Stokes, 21, and wounding Kwasi Prince, 21, both of Penn Hills, at a party.
The men were hit with a single gunshot that was fired when Riviere reached into his pocket for money so Stokes could go on a “food run” to McDonald's, according to statements witnesses made to police.
Riviere drove both men to the hospital, police said. Stokes, who was shot in the chest, died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland. Prince was shot in the stomach.
Riviere is charged with homicide, carrying a gun without a license and aggravated assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Prison sentence extended for New Kensington man
- LaBar: The upgrade of The Wyatt Family in WWE
- Nazi ‘gold train’ evidence mounts
- Trib Total Media puts 9 Western Pa. newspapers up for sale
- Trafford man sentenced for sex with teen
- Overnight closures, lane restrictions announced for Fort Pitt Tunnel, Parkway West
- Historic WWII-era landing ship tank docking at Heinz Field
- ‘Action’ against AG Kane sent to Supreme Court, sources say
- Starkey: Steelers stopping themselves with suspensions
- Man flees Monroeville bank holdup with cash
- Mystery Lovers Bookshop in Oakmont finds a way to keep going with new owners