Man arrested in Penn Hills shooting
Investigators have arrested a man in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding of another on Friday night at a home on Westwood Drive in Penn Hills.
Ronald Riviere, 22, was arrested at a home in Plum on Tuesday and charged with fatally shooting Brandon Stokes, 21, and wounding Kwasi Prince, 21, both of Penn Hills, at a party.
The men were hit with a single gunshot that was fired when Riviere reached into his pocket for money so Stokes could go on a “food run” to McDonald's, according to statements witnesses made to police.
Riviere drove both men to the hospital, police said. Stokes, who was shot in the chest, died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland. Prince was shot in the stomach.
Riviere is charged with homicide, carrying a gun without a license and aggravated assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Federal appeals court appears divided on Obama’s immigrant deportation shield
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Golf outing bolsters cancer patient fund at Kittanning hospital
- Groups looking to stage Day of Prayer at new school in Manor
- Armstrong’s roads less-traveled get funding for drainage improvements
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Butler County new home sales surge in 2014
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Armstrong gets fourth officer trained to spot drugged drivers
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process
- Highmark asks patients to ‘Meet Dr. Right’