Man arrested in Penn Hills shooting
Investigators have arrested a man in the fatal shooting of one person and wounding of another on Friday night at a home on Westwood Drive in Penn Hills.
Ronald Riviere, 22, was arrested at a home in Plum on Tuesday and charged with fatally shooting Brandon Stokes, 21, and wounding Kwasi Prince, 21, both of Penn Hills, at a party.
The men were hit with a single gunshot that was fired when Riviere reached into his pocket for money so Stokes could go on a “food run” to McDonald's, according to statements witnesses made to police.
Riviere drove both men to the hospital, police said. Stokes, who was shot in the chest, died at UPMC Presbyterian in Oakland. Prince was shot in the stomach.
Riviere is charged with homicide, carrying a gun without a license and aggravated assault.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pens get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- Pirates trade Snider to Orioles for minor league pitcher
- Pennsylvania shale gas producers received hundreds of environmental citations in 4 years, PennEnvironment says
- Winfield man is one of a few to attend all 49 Super Bowl games
- Now a Patriot, RB Blount’s thrilled to have moved on from Steelers
- No cross-checking here: Penguins misspell ‘Sidney’
- Letang produces 5 assists in return as Penguins defeat Jets, 5-3
- Mt. Lebanon awaits Pennsylvania Game Commission approval to corral, kill deer
- Blawnox couple jailed in woman’s alleged abuse of boyfriend’s child
- Ex-Steelers QB Batch creates sports medicine startup at Pitt
- Penn Hills water main break creates car-swallowing sinkhole