Butler wife pleads to lesser charges in Forest County fight death
TIONESTA — A Butler County woman has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in the fatal shooting of her husband during a domestic dispute.
The (Oil City) Derrick reports Ruth Angert, 58, of Butler, pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated assault and involuntary manslaughter in the Nov. 17 shooting death of Larry Angert, 68.
State police say the couple argued after arriving at a hunting camp in Tionesta during which Angert told police her husband pushed her to the floor and grabbed her neck. The woman says she grabbed a gun and that it fired, hitting her husband in the cheek as they struggled for the weapon.
Angert will be sentenced by a Forest County judge on June 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Home price gains slow for 6th-straight month
- Starkey: Would one big move kill Pirates’ future?
- McKeesport police arrest teen on gun charges
- Steel Valley school board president seeks donation policy
- Liriano, Pirates beat Giants, inch closer to lead in NL Central
- Pleasant Hills council awards paving contract
- Big transportation wish list pitched to state commission
- Dying trees removed from Ford City park
- Pirates inquire about Red Sox LHP Lester
- Steelers offensive linemen looking to build on strong 2013 finish
- Kittanning Elks turns into museum during Fort Armstrong fest