Butler wife pleads to lesser charges in Forest County fight death
TIONESTA — A Butler County woman has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in the fatal shooting of her husband during a domestic dispute.
The (Oil City) Derrick reports Ruth Angert, 58, of Butler, pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated assault and involuntary manslaughter in the Nov. 17 shooting death of Larry Angert, 68.
State police say the couple argued after arriving at a hunting camp in Tionesta during which Angert told police her husband pushed her to the floor and grabbed her neck. The woman says she grabbed a gun and that it fired, hitting her husband in the cheek as they struggled for the weapon.
Angert will be sentenced by a Forest County judge on June 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers veteran linebacker Harrison focused on stretch run
- Crosby scores twice, Malkin delivers OT goal as Penguins beat Blues
- Friends, family, history lure natives back to Western Pennsylvania
- Penguins co-owner Lemieux snuffs rumored rift with Crosby
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin ends practice with third-down work
- Pirates sign free agent 1B-OF Goebbert, RHP Webster
- Emotional send-off awaits Pitt seniors
- Artis leads Pitt to lopsided victory over Cornell
- Starkey: Artie Rowell’s incredible odyssey
- Teen charged with firing shots in Wilkins, abducting woman
- Puppies’ eyes glued shut, South Huntingdon animal shelter says