Butler wife pleads to lesser charges in Forest County fight death
TIONESTA — A Butler County woman has pleaded guilty to reduced charges in the fatal shooting of her husband during a domestic dispute.
The (Oil City) Derrick reports Ruth Angert, 58, of Butler, pleaded guilty to attempted aggravated assault and involuntary manslaughter in the Nov. 17 shooting death of Larry Angert, 68.
State police say the couple argued after arriving at a hunting camp in Tionesta during which Angert told police her husband pushed her to the floor and grabbed her neck. The woman says she grabbed a gun and that it fired, hitting her husband in the cheek as they struggled for the weapon.
Angert will be sentenced by a Forest County judge on June 21.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Nearing 25 years together, WPXI anchors Johnson, Finnegan defy TV’s odds
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- MLB notebook: Astros fire manager amid dismal season
- Bike lane work to affect Penn Avenue in Pittsburgh
- NFL notebook: Rams leave Sam off practice squad
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- East Allegheny teachers set to strike on Tuesday
- Surveillance video in Wal-Mart police killing sought
- Democratic gubernatorial nominee in spotlight at Labor Day Parade
- Steelers receiver Heyward-Bey looks to make most of chance