North Side fire started by teenager, investigators say
A fire at a home in Spring Hill in the North Side that spread to the house next door was started by a teenager who set clothing on fire, according to investigators.
Pittsburgh firefighters arrived shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday to find a 2 1⁄2 story home in the 1300 block of Truax Way engulfed in flames. It spread to a neighboring home where a man was rescued from the roof by firefighters.
Fire Chief Darryl Jones said the fire caused $70,000 damage to the structures and that criminal charges will be filed against the teenager, whose name was not released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Plum superintendent says lack of school tip line was ‘oversight’
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Police: Woman, 18, pretended to be student, assaulted Perry principal
- Banshee trailer featuring Vandergrift released
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Downtown Pittsburgh Macy’s donates bits of history
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Kennametal HQ relocation rankles Westmoreland County business leadership
- Guns, drugs recovered during raid in Wilkinsburg
- Hydrangeas flower year after year with proper care, placement, feeding