North Side fire started by teenager, investigators say
A fire at a home in Spring Hill in the North Side that spread to the house next door was started by a teenager who set clothing on fire, according to investigators.
Pittsburgh firefighters arrived shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday to find a 2 1⁄2 story home in the 1300 block of Truax Way engulfed in flames. It spread to a neighboring home where a man was rescued from the roof by firefighters.
Fire Chief Darryl Jones said the fire caused $70,000 damage to the structures and that criminal charges will be filed against the teenager, whose name was not released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates’ Worley tosses 4-hit shutout vs. Giants
- Pirates expect high prices in trade market
- Undefeated West Mifflin set to open American Legion state tournament
- Rain postpones Monday’s Fayette County Baseball League playoff games
- Steelers hoping that youth movement breathes life into team
- Freeport grad picks PSAC’s Mercyhurst
- Inside the ropes: Shazier shows off speed
- Steelers notebook: Team hasn’t called on Keisel, Harrison yet
- Marine recalls sights, sounds of Saigon: April 30, 1975 — the day the U.S. Embassy closed
- Pittsburgh Brewing tries to reconnect with region, return to glory days
- Westmoreland women stole thousands to finance dog show appearances