North Side fire started by teenager, investigators say
A fire at a home in Spring Hill in the North Side that spread to the house next door was started by a teenager who set clothing on fire, according to investigators.
Pittsburgh firefighters arrived shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday to find a 2 1⁄2 story home in the 1300 block of Truax Way engulfed in flames. It spread to a neighboring home where a man was rescued from the roof by firefighters.
Fire Chief Darryl Jones said the fire caused $70,000 damage to the structures and that criminal charges will be filed against the teenager, whose name was not released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Lawrence County jail guards lose jobs after being charged with assaulting inmate
- Most heavy drinkers aren’t alcoholics, CDC determines, reversing long-held belief
- Highmark and UPMC feud over canceled physician contracts
- Cut by Steelers, LeGarrette Blount joins Patriots
- State court to review Sandusky emails under seal
- E-cigarettes cut cravings, study finds
- Last PA Turnpike defendants plead guilty but avoid prison
- Finally, a man walks like a gecko in scientists’ lab
- 3 from Western Pa. sentenced to probation for welfare fraud
- Rossi: For Penguins’ Dupuis, family must come first