North Side fire started by teenager, investigators say
A fire at a home in Spring Hill in the North Side that spread to the house next door was started by a teenager who set clothing on fire, according to investigators.
Pittsburgh firefighters arrived shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday to find a 2 1⁄2 story home in the 1300 block of Truax Way engulfed in flames. It spread to a neighboring home where a man was rescued from the roof by firefighters.
Fire Chief Darryl Jones said the fire caused $70,000 damage to the structures and that criminal charges will be filed against the teenager, whose name was not released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Ehrhoff finding his way with Penguins
- Man charged with playing doctor for free Nemacolin stay
- Cancer didn’t stop mother from living for her son
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Steelers cornerback Taylor ready to swap earpiece for helmet
- South Fayette, Karns City set for rematch in PIAA quarterfinals
- U.S. Steel Tower tenants stand to benefit from company’s relocation
- Steelers’ lookahead: New Orleans Saints
- DUI checkpoints take on dangerous drivers
- No. 15 San Diego State hammers Pitt, 74-57
- Retailers that won’t open on Thanksgiving hope move pays off