North Side fire started by teenager, investigators say
A fire at a home in Spring Hill in the North Side that spread to the house next door was started by a teenager who set clothing on fire, according to investigators.
Pittsburgh firefighters arrived shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday to find a 2 1⁄2 story home in the 1300 block of Truax Way engulfed in flames. It spread to a neighboring home where a man was rescued from the roof by firefighters.
Fire Chief Darryl Jones said the fire caused $70,000 damage to the structures and that criminal charges will be filed against the teenager, whose name was not released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- Proposed Mt. Pleasant budget plan includes deficit, tax hike
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Connellsville students bringing Civil War to life
- Former soccer coach to stand trial in Monongahela
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- 24 teachers put on New Kensington-Arnold School District furlough list
- New Kensington shooting victim’s condition improves
- LaBar: Future of Rusev in WWE critical
- PennDOT vows help for Charleroi
- Apollo-Ridge students connect world, science