North Side fire started by teenager, investigators say
A fire at a home in Spring Hill in the North Side that spread to the house next door was started by a teenager who set clothing on fire, according to investigators.
Pittsburgh firefighters arrived shortly before 11 p.m. Thursday to find a 2 1⁄2 story home in the 1300 block of Truax Way engulfed in flames. It spread to a neighboring home where a man was rescued from the roof by firefighters.
Fire Chief Darryl Jones said the fire caused $70,000 damage to the structures and that criminal charges will be filed against the teenager, whose name was not released.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Discipline Pitt’s only option against Georgia Tech
- Harrison woman dead in 3-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Mars Area schools superintendent resigns after short tenure
- State Supreme Court Justice McCaffery suspended in email porn scandal
- Steelers’ Shazier sits, Justin Brown inactive vs. Texans
- Pitt notebook: Chryst didn’t lobby to keep Watt at tight end
- Suspect in Va. disappearance charged in rape
- Ferrante defense says arrest of prosecutor’s boyfriend could affect case
- Steelers players are ready for annual runway turn for charity
- High school notebook: Plenty to play for in GAC in Week 9
- Coping with Kids: New pacifiers helps soothe babies day and night