Child struck, killed by vehicle in Jefferson Hills
An 8-year-old boy was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday night in Jefferson Hills.
The boy was struck about 9:10 p.m. in the 1400 block of Gilmore Drive, dispatchers said. He was taken to Jefferson Regional Medical Center where he died in the emergency room at 9:43 p.m., the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are assisting Jefferson Hills police with the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt falls flat in finale loss to Miami
- Pitt’s Young taking a pass, improving his all-around game
- Body found in Allegheny River in Harrison
- At least 3 cops shot near Colo. Planned Parenthood clinic; gunman loose
- Coroner’s office responds to crash at pond in Beaver County
- Absenteeism high on first day back after Peters Township teacher strike
- Steelers plan to use smart pass rush against Seattle QB Wilson
- Steelers notebook: Linebacker Timmons hoping for contract extension
- Barefoot toddlers found wandering in Uniontown Hospital lot
- Juvenile accused in Uniontown store burglary
- Penn Hills board action gives school district option of tax hike beyond state index