Child struck, killed by vehicle in Jefferson Hills
An 8-year-old boy was struck and killed by a vehicle Friday night in Jefferson Hills.
The boy was struck about 9:10 p.m. in the 1400 block of Gilmore Drive, dispatchers said. He was taken to Jefferson Regional Medical Center where he died in the emergency room at 9:43 p.m., the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office said.
Allegheny County homicide detectives are assisting Jefferson Hills police with the investigation.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Steelers are vowing to fix the costly penalties, lack of self-discipline
- Mercer’s improved defense at shortstop gives Pirates a boost
- 20 improbable Pirates wins in 2014
- Healthy again, Penguins’ Dupuis eager for game action
- Corbett: Downtown project will ‘make a huge difference’ in Pittsburgh
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- No one way to fix Western Pennsylvania’s heroin problem, report says
- It’s official: Volquez to start Wednesday for Pirates