Rescue crews respond to reports of person in river
Pittsburgh River Rescue crews were searching the Allegheny River late Friday near the Clemente Bridge after emergency dispatchers received reports of a man in the water there.
Dispatchers were called at 11:35 p.m. with the report of a man jumping into the river from the North Shore.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Westmoreland exhibit pairs portraits with still lifes
- Mears savors success, credits legendary Lange for guidance, inspiration
- Conneaut Lake Park to take case to court for tax-exempt status
- Geologist: Site of idyllic 1833 painting of Lancaster found
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Touring production of ‘Newsies’ gets to the heart of a real event
- Penn State struggles against Big Ten’s worst defense in loss to Illinois
- Man’s death by runaway wheel on Route 28 ruled accident
- With enrollment dropping, Mercyhurst cuts jobs
- Penguins notebook: Penguins getting fewer power-play opportunities
- Executive stayed busy with business, civic work