South Side Slopes man claims Pittsburgh Power misuses unpaid interns
A South Side Slopes man claims in a federal lawsuit filed Monday that Pittsburgh Power arena football team misuses unpaid interns.
Christopher Boyle, in a proposed class-action lawsuit for current and former unpaid interns, claims that Swann Inc. and owners Mathias R. and Lance T. Shaner violate state and federal labor laws by using unpaid interns to perform work that would otherwise be done by paid employees instead of providing the interns with educational experiences.
Boyle was an unpaid intern in the photography department from April 2011 to March 2012, where he helped plan marketing events and photographed all of the games, the lawsuit says. Company spokesman Rob Goodman had no immediate comment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Bennett status remains fluid
- Pittsburgh man gets 2 life terms in slaying of Beaver Falls couple
- Steelers notebook: Defense tasked with stopping Graham
- IUP student dies from injuries after he was pinned beneath car
- Monongahela paramedic dies in the line of duty
- Jury finds Rayshawn Williams guilty of first-degree murder
- Pirates star McCutchen marries in private ceremony
- Fire destroys Armstrong County tavern
- Pitt center Randall rebounds from injury
- Man charged in New Stanton Sunoco robbery
- Allegheny Twp. residents challenge legality of drilling in neighborhoods