Cranberry motorcycle crash kills Bellevue man
Cranberry police said speed might have been a factor in a motorcycle crash that killed a Bellevue man Monday evening.
Police on Tuesday identified the motorist as Roger Haynes, 31.
Haynes and another motorcyclist were driving north on Freshcorn Road about 5:15 p.m., authorities said. Police did not identify the other person involved in the crash.
As the two approached Heights Road, a vehicle was stopped on the road to turn left, police said. The other motorcyclist stopped behind the vehicle, but Haynes went into the opposite lane, traveled off the road and slammed into a tree.
Police said Haynes was wearing a helmet. Police are reconstructing the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Fitting in will be Kang’s biggest hurdle
- Shale drilling boom a bust for some Western Pennsylvania towns
- Power play shines in Penguins’ home victory over Blue Jackets
- Sales, income taxes increases expected in Gov. Tom Wolf’s budget
- Pirates starting pitcher Worley is in right place, right time with team
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot dazzles in victory over Blue Jackets
- Duquesne University football player died by suicide
- Pitt’s NCAA Tournament hopes take a hit with loss to Wake Forest
- LaBar: Is Brock Lesnar leaving WWE again?
- Passion for speed fuels Ligonier man’s slippery dash in winter rally
- Icy roads causing multiple accidents Sunday evening