Cranberry motorcycle crash kills Bellevue man
Cranberry police said speed might have been a factor in a motorcycle crash that killed a Bellevue man Monday evening.
Police on Tuesday identified the motorist as Roger Haynes, 31.
Haynes and another motorcyclist were driving north on Freshcorn Road about 5:15 p.m., authorities said. Police did not identify the other person involved in the crash.
As the two approached Heights Road, a vehicle was stopped on the road to turn left, police said. The other motorcyclist stopped behind the vehicle, but Haynes went into the opposite lane, traveled off the road and slammed into a tree.
Police said Haynes was wearing a helmet. Police are reconstructing the accident.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers rookie says Sam, his former roommate, has changed
- Search resumes for Tarentum Bridge jumper
- Steelers extend Suisham’s contract through 2018
- Rossi: Buying trust is a must for Pirates
- Steelers aim to create more turnovers this year with speedier defense
- 2 people wounded in North Side shooting; third incident in 3 days
- With Spaling locked up, Penguins turn attention to signing Sutter
- Steelers notebook: Shoulder pads get technological boost for Ravens game
- Pirates’ attempts to bolster roster at deadline a fruitless endeavor
- Turbine sites near properties in Fayette County threatened
- Rostraver police identify suspect in home invasion