Volunteer firefighter killed in motorcycle crash in Lawrence County
A volunteer firefighter in Lawrence County was killed in a motorcycle crash Tuesday afternoon in Hickory, east of New Castle, township police Chief Michael Vitale said.
Daniel Gallatin, 69, a longtime volunteer in Scott, was stopped to turn into his daughter's driveway on Route 956 when he was struck from behind by a sport utility vehicle driven by Laura Gargiulo, 41, of Wilmington, Vitale said.
State police accident reconstruction specialists are aiding township police in the investigation to determine if charges are warranted, Vitale said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Clymer woman dies in 2-vehicle crash in Homer City
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Man in New Kensington standoff charged
- West Virginia men’s basketball team hopes best is yet to come
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies