Volunteer firefighter killed in motorcycle crash in Lawrence County
A volunteer firefighter in Lawrence County was killed in a motorcycle crash Tuesday afternoon in Hickory, east of New Castle, township police Chief Michael Vitale said.
Daniel Gallatin, 69, a longtime volunteer in Scott, was stopped to turn into his daughter's driveway on Route 956 when he was struck from behind by a sport utility vehicle driven by Laura Gargiulo, 41, of Wilmington, Vitale said.
State police accident reconstruction specialists are aiding township police in the investigation to determine if charges are warranted, Vitale said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Man reports being hit by bullet in Highland Park
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Penguins lose hard-fought game to Blue Jackets in overtime
- Former Pirates pitcher Happ agrees to $36 million, 3-year deal with Blue Jays
- CBS’ ‘Code Black’ inspired by Pitt medical school graduate’s documentary
- Unsung backups provide boost for Steelers defensive line
- Fayette County Courthouse setting for ‘Magic and Mistletoe’
- Center at Penn State Fayette puts students on path to success
- Dinner-show to kick off holiday season at Albert Gallatin
- Holiday movie gives Cal U students get 2 seconds of fame
- Mon Valley Leathernecks tackle Toys for Tots drive