Wreck halts turnpike traffic in Cranberry
First responders had to halt traffic on the eastbound section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Cranberry so that helicopters could fly patients from a traffic accident to hospitals.
Three people suffered injuries around 11:30 a.m., when a vehicle went off the eastbound lanes of the turnpike at the Cranberry exit and overturned, according to emergency dispatchers and state police. Two people were being flown from the accident scene. Emergency responders stopped eastbound traffic to allow helicopters to land on the highway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Cardinals rough up Locke in 6-4 victory over Pirates
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Greensburg sues man, attorney over ‘frivolous’ case
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory
- HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host HS matches
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line