Wreck halts turnpike traffic in Cranberry
First responders had to halt traffic on the eastbound section of the Pennsylvania Turnpike in Cranberry so that helicopters could fly patients from a traffic accident to hospitals.
Three people suffered injuries around 11:30 a.m., when a vehicle went off the eastbound lanes of the turnpike at the Cranberry exit and overturned, according to emergency dispatchers and state police. Two people were being flown from the accident scene. Emergency responders stopped eastbound traffic to allow helicopters to land on the highway.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tennessee’s Peterman to enroll at Pitt in May
- SWAT responds to report of Sheraden fire, threats
- Pens again fail to mount comeback against Nashville
- Best way to have a good hair day? Talk to your stylist
- Penguins notebook: Pouliot heading west with team
- Snow, freezing rain, bitter cold coming to Western Pa.
- Woman gives birth to baby boy on side of Utah highway
- Lighten up! Time to brighten the house with new ideas
- Daily Courier roundup: Mt. Pleasant swimmers place at WCCA championships
- Photo Gallery: Catholic Schools Week in McCandless
- Leader Times roundup: Karns City’s Moroney bound for Robert Morris