Table games revenue up at Pennsylvania casinos
Revenue from table games at Pennsylvania casinos continue to rise.
The state's 11 casinos generated nearly $61.6 million in April. That amount was $5.05 million, or 8.9 percent, more than casinos generated in April 2012. There are 1,041 table games at casinos around Pennsylvania.
Coupled with slots revenues, which have been down statewide for five consecutive months, Pennsylvania casinos generated $266.7 million in gross revenues for April. That figure stood at $270.6 million the same month last year.
The Meadows Racetrack & Casino in North Strabane, Washington County, generated nearly $4.4 million last month at its 80 table games. That was up from $2.7 million last April.
Rivers Casino on the North Shore, however, lost more than $1 million in April table-game revenue, dropping to just under $5 million last month.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Dodgers 1B/OF Morse, Mariners LHP Happ
- Armstrong escapee caught; murder charges pending
- Pirates place Burnett on 15-day disabled list
- Residents seek to shore up status of Shadyside’s rare exposed-wood street
- Hurdle: Soria likely to assume setup role with Watson
- Police: Lincoln-Lemington burglary suspect shoots self during foot chase with officer
- Weak earnings drag energy sector lower
- Steelers notebook: Officials discuss new game ball procedures
- Hillary Clinton calls out GOP on trade embargo on Cuba
- ‘Church Basement Ladies’ return to Mountain Playhouse for new musical comedy
- Heyl: Longtime disc jockey Jimmy Roach to turn dismissal into brighter times