4-year-old boy pulled from pond at Hampton entertainment complex
A 4-year-old boy was rushed to Children's Hospital Thursday night after being pulled from a pond at a family entertainment center in Hampton, Allegheny County emergency dispatchers said.
Paramedics were called around 9:30 p.m. to Wildwood Highlands Family Fun Center in the 2300 block of Wildwood Road, dispatchers said.
There was no immediate word on the child's condition. Allegheny County homicide detectives were called to investigate.
A man who answered the phone at the center said no one there had any comment and hung up.
Wildwood Highlands bills itself as an entertainment and amusement center that features snow tubing, bumper boats, miniature golf, go-carts, kiddie rides and laser games.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Hit sends Penguins’ Letang to hospital
- Mt. Lebanon native, Iraq war hero’s action goes unrewarded
- Alvarez latest in Pirates’ revolving door at first base
- Downie’s goal, fight spark Penguins to win over Coyotes
- Arab League gets serious on terrorism
- Pirates pitchers finding success with expanded strike zone
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Probiotic bacteria help conquer ‘superbugs’
- Shortfalls sabotage promise of a union retiree’s pension
- Man rescued from sinkhole in McKeesport