Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
A Latrobe man died after the motorcycle he was driving was struck by a vehicle Friday afternoon.
Charles D. Bancroft, 42, was pronounced dead at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital at 3:14 p.m.. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
Bancroft was traveling north on Ligonier Street about 2:30 p.m. when a Ford Explorer struck the back of the motorcycle, according to a news release from the Westmoreland County Coroner's office.
Bancroft, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to the hospital.
Cause and manner of death will not be determined until after the autopsy is completed, officials said. Toxicology tests are also pending the autopsy.
Barnhart Funeral Home in Greensburg will handle funeral arrangements.
Latrobe police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- National Weather Service predicts up to 7 inches of snow before Sunday night
- Steelers not limiting themselves in free agency
- Rossi: Pirates must pay for Mr. Right
- Coyotes proliferate despite year-round hunting
- Under Rutherford, it’s been a sizeable shakeup for Penguins
- Burnett’s farewell tour wishlist has just 1 item: Pirates World Series
- Winnik impresses Penguins in first workout
- Police investigating shooting at Strip District club
- Arrogant media elites mock Middle America
- Baby Penguins notebook: Goalie Murray on historic run of success
- Big names become available this week via free agency; will Steelers be tempted?