Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
A Latrobe man died after the motorcycle he was driving was struck by a vehicle Friday afternoon.
Charles D. Bancroft, 42, was pronounced dead at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital at 3:14 p.m.. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
Bancroft was traveling north on Ligonier Street about 2:30 p.m. when a Ford Explorer struck the back of the motorcycle, according to a news release from the Westmoreland County Coroner's office.
Bancroft, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to the hospital.
Cause and manner of death will not be determined until after the autopsy is completed, officials said. Toxicology tests are also pending the autopsy.
Barnhart Funeral Home in Greensburg will handle funeral arrangements.
Latrobe police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Tarentum restaurant closes to repair brick damage
- Thousands attend Vandergrift Light-Up Night, Christmas parade
- In Steelers-Saints game, all eyes on Brown-Lewis matchup
- Hempfield Area High School senior Richason creates Before I Die wall in Greensburg
- Mirai debut brings fuel cell future closer
- Artists fill Valley home for one-day ‘Handmade Christmas’ sale
- Trib real estate writer Spatter ‘worked right to the end’
- Bridge over Youghiogheny River coming into downtown Connellsville is renamed
- ‘Boo-boo bus’ stuffed for kids
- Steelers notebook: Defense has a retro feel
- California native Verbisky hasn’t forgotten area roots