Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
A Latrobe man died after the motorcycle he was driving was struck by a vehicle Friday afternoon.
Charles D. Bancroft, 42, was pronounced dead at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital at 3:14 p.m.. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
Bancroft was traveling north on Ligonier Street about 2:30 p.m. when a Ford Explorer struck the back of the motorcycle, according to a news release from the Westmoreland County Coroner's office.
Bancroft, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to the hospital.
Cause and manner of death will not be determined until after the autopsy is completed, officials said. Toxicology tests are also pending the autopsy.
Barnhart Funeral Home in Greensburg will handle funeral arrangements.
Latrobe police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pittsburgh fans pay tribute to ‘Mockingjay Part 1’
- Pirates cut ties with Davis, clearing path for Alvarez to play first base
- The WPIAL’s Top 10 football champions of all time
- Review: ‘Mockingjay — Part 1’ a glum setup for ‘Hunger Games’ finale
- Carnegie Science Center adds legendary Buhl Planetarium to railroad village
- Child flown to Pittsburgh hospital after being struck by car in Beaver County
- First Draft: Leave the wine corked and serve beer for Thanksgiving
- Education program comes full circle at UPG
- Pittsburgh find missing 12-year-old girl
- Steelers notebook: Heinz Field not in play for Bills-Jets
- Fashion FYI: Designer Tory Burch turns into author