Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
A Latrobe man died after the motorcycle he was driving was struck by a vehicle Friday afternoon.
Charles D. Bancroft, 42, was pronounced dead at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital at 3:14 p.m.. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
Bancroft was traveling north on Ligonier Street about 2:30 p.m. when a Ford Explorer struck the back of the motorcycle, according to a news release from the Westmoreland County Coroner's office.
Bancroft, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to the hospital.
Cause and manner of death will not be determined until after the autopsy is completed, officials said. Toxicology tests are also pending the autopsy.
Barnhart Funeral Home in Greensburg will handle funeral arrangements.
Latrobe police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- Owner of Italian Village Pizza stores gets house arrest for tax evasion
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Allegheny County using $15.5M grant to reduce homelessness
- Cal U professor who died in campus office was lawyer, civil rights leader
- National Weather Service to evaluate work after missed call on storm
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Tanker crash closes lane of Turnpike in Penn Township
- Emergency room visits decline as navigators steer patients to proper medical care