Motorcyclist dies after crash in Latrobe
A Latrobe man died after the motorcycle he was driving was struck by a vehicle Friday afternoon.
Charles D. Bancroft, 42, was pronounced dead at Excela Health Latrobe Hospital at 3:14 p.m.. An autopsy will be performed Saturday.
Bancroft was traveling north on Ligonier Street about 2:30 p.m. when a Ford Explorer struck the back of the motorcycle, according to a news release from the Westmoreland County Coroner's office.
Bancroft, who was not wearing a helmet, was transported to the hospital.
Cause and manner of death will not be determined until after the autopsy is completed, officials said. Toxicology tests are also pending the autopsy.
Barnhart Funeral Home in Greensburg will handle funeral arrangements.
Latrobe police are investigating the crash.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elsie Hillman, philanthropist and one-time GOP powerhouse, dies at 89
- Westmoreland Co. businessman going to prison
- Murrysville oncologist says he had necessary permits to hunt, kill lion
- Spirit ending nonstop flights from Arnold Palmer Regional to Chicago, Las Vegas
- Youngwood to purchase swing, table to satisfy state regulations
- Junction project on Interstate 70 at New Stanton exchange to begin
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Blairsville man killed in single-vehicle crash in Derry Township
- Fallout from child protection law felt in Pa. churches, libraries, fields
- Steelers defensive end Tuitt shifts into high gear
- Western Pa. youths chosen for state police camp