Police arrest convicted felon armed with stolen gun in Homewood
Pittsburgh police arrested a convicted felon armed with a stolen gun in Homewood early Friday morning.
Police charged Grayan Dixon, 21, of Penn Hills with firearms violations, receiving stolen property and drug possession. Police spotted Dixon and another man on Hamilton Avenue walking into an alley and then heard a shot fired seconds later, according to a criminal complaint.
Officers found the men on Julius Street and ordered them to put their hands up, the complaint said. One man complied, but Dixon reached his hand toward his waistband, police said.
An officer grabbed Dixon and pushed him into a fence while another officer found the stolen gun in his pants, police said. Dixon also had a large plastic bag filled with marijuana and about $1,000 in cash, police said.
Judge Jill Rangos had sentenced Dixon to three years of probation on May 7 after he pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property, carrying a firearm without a license and drug crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Philadelphia U.S. Rep. Fattah indicted in racketeering case
- Patriots QB Brady, owner Kraft lash out at NFL
- Rossi: ‘Hockey guy’ Sutter will be missed
- Pirates notebook: Prospect Tucker unaware of ‘trade’ frenzy
- Steelers’ Wheaton adjusting his game moving to slot receiver
- Kang’s 9th-inning home run gives Pirates wild victory over Twins
- Driver accused of crashing head-on into Ligonier officer’s SUV waives right to preliminary hearing
- School credit ratings a problem for several in Western Pennsylvania
- 5 face trial in beating of black man in Pittsburgh
- Van Halen plays plenty of favorites in First Niagara show
- Travelers find direct Web route to Priory’s spirited past in North Side