Police arrest convicted felon armed with stolen gun in Homewood
Pittsburgh police arrested a convicted felon armed with a stolen gun in Homewood early Friday morning.
Police charged Grayan Dixon, 21, of Penn Hills with firearms violations, receiving stolen property and drug possession. Police spotted Dixon and another man on Hamilton Avenue walking into an alley and then heard a shot fired seconds later, according to a criminal complaint.
Officers found the men on Julius Street and ordered them to put their hands up, the complaint said. One man complied, but Dixon reached his hand toward his waistband, police said.
An officer grabbed Dixon and pushed him into a fence while another officer found the stolen gun in his pants, police said. Dixon also had a large plastic bag filled with marijuana and about $1,000 in cash, police said.
Judge Jill Rangos had sentenced Dixon to three years of probation on May 7 after he pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property, carrying a firearm without a license and drug crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Military academy members hone hacking skills at competition
- NHL notebook: Family says ex-Hawk Mikita has dementia
- Homework: Pittsburgh Home Show to feature celebs, wine and pets
- LaBar: WWE not backing down from controversy
- NFL notebook: Manning would like to make decision on NFL future soon
- McCord to plead guilty to federal charges from campaign fundraising
- Monessen woman dies in truck-car crash on Route 51 in Fayette County
- Penguins’ Ehrhoff being tested for concussion
- Pirates sign 2 to minor league deals
- Week before sentencing, Ferrante seeks acquittal or new trial
- Acting helped ‘Justified’s’ Dillahunt overcome tragedy