Police arrest convicted felon armed with stolen gun in Homewood
Pittsburgh police arrested a convicted felon armed with a stolen gun in Homewood early Friday morning.
Police charged Grayan Dixon, 21, of Penn Hills with firearms violations, receiving stolen property and drug possession. Police spotted Dixon and another man on Hamilton Avenue walking into an alley and then heard a shot fired seconds later, according to a criminal complaint.
Officers found the men on Julius Street and ordered them to put their hands up, the complaint said. One man complied, but Dixon reached his hand toward his waistband, police said.
An officer grabbed Dixon and pushed him into a fence while another officer found the stolen gun in his pants, police said. Dixon also had a large plastic bag filled with marijuana and about $1,000 in cash, police said.
Judge Jill Rangos had sentenced Dixon to three years of probation on May 7 after he pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property, carrying a firearm without a license and drug crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kobani emerges as pivot point
- Georgia Tech runs all over mistake-prone Pitt
- Health care law compliance complex for employers
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Pennsylvania legislative redistricting to take full effect in state House elections
- West Virginia whips Oklahoma State for 4th straight win
- Road Trip! Destination: Chicago
- Indiana couple’s bond grows stronger after devastating accident
- Shooting for net-zero: Equal energy in, out of the home
- Stand Down Pittsburgh reaches out to veterans, homeless civilians
- Wolf, Corbett stump in Western Pennsylvania