Police arrest convicted felon armed with stolen gun in Homewood
Pittsburgh police arrested a convicted felon armed with a stolen gun in Homewood early Friday morning.
Police charged Grayan Dixon, 21, of Penn Hills with firearms violations, receiving stolen property and drug possession. Police spotted Dixon and another man on Hamilton Avenue walking into an alley and then heard a shot fired seconds later, according to a criminal complaint.
Officers found the men on Julius Street and ordered them to put their hands up, the complaint said. One man complied, but Dixon reached his hand toward his waistband, police said.
An officer grabbed Dixon and pushed him into a fence while another officer found the stolen gun in his pants, police said. Dixon also had a large plastic bag filled with marijuana and about $1,000 in cash, police said.
Judge Jill Rangos had sentenced Dixon to three years of probation on May 7 after he pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property, carrying a firearm without a license and drug crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Toys for Tots fails to deliver; local charities scramble
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Veteran tight end Miller’s blocking skill crucial to success to Steelers running game
- Icy roads, cold causing school delays, wrecks in Western Pa.
- Time is of essence for Pitt in finding football coach, athletic director
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Truck driver dies in Butler County crash
- Fleury’s career-best 6th shutout lifts Penguins over Avalanche in overtime