Police arrest convicted felon armed with stolen gun in Homewood
Pittsburgh police arrested a convicted felon armed with a stolen gun in Homewood early Friday morning.
Police charged Grayan Dixon, 21, of Penn Hills with firearms violations, receiving stolen property and drug possession. Police spotted Dixon and another man on Hamilton Avenue walking into an alley and then heard a shot fired seconds later, according to a criminal complaint.
Officers found the men on Julius Street and ordered them to put their hands up, the complaint said. One man complied, but Dixon reached his hand toward his waistband, police said.
An officer grabbed Dixon and pushed him into a fence while another officer found the stolen gun in his pants, police said. Dixon also had a large plastic bag filled with marijuana and about $1,000 in cash, police said.
Judge Jill Rangos had sentenced Dixon to three years of probation on May 7 after he pleaded guilty to receiving stolen property, carrying a firearm without a license and drug crimes.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins veteran defenseman Scuderi’s game looking up
- Woman’s body found in Mars home
- Prime time not kind to Heinz Field
- Starkey: Hockey hypocrites, unite
- Police: 2 anti-violence organizers beat ex-roomie in Washington
- Movie studio owner building in McKees Rocks is $540K in red
- Steelers offense puts up gaudy numbers in season’s 1st half
- State police trooper seriously hurt when hit by vehicle in East Huntingdon
- Profit falls at vitamin retailer GNC Holdings in third quarter
- Lifesharing allows families to open homes, hearts to disabled
- Kiski Valley-based ring charged with hundreds of thefts over 10 communities