Woman charged in fatal Lawrence County accident that killed cyclist
Mercer County woman texting while driving caused a traffic crash that killed a Lawrence County motorcyclist earlier this month, police said
Hickory police charged Laura E. Gargiulo, 42, with homicide by vehicle, involuntary manslaughter, aggravated assault by vehicle, causing an accident involving injury, and summary offenses of reckless and careless driving and texting while driving.
Gargiulo was driving an SUV that hit and killed Daniel Gallatin, 68, of Scott, on Route 956 in Hickory on May 7. Scott was a former chief of the Scott, Lawrence County, volunteer fire department.
Online court records showed that Gargiulo was placed in the Lawrence County Jail Friday evening after failing to post $50,000 cash bond set by District Judge Scott McGrath.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Shale oil, gas finds put Mon Valley on path to renaissance, leaders say
- Western Pennsylvania residents chill about forecasters’ spat
- Large-scale batteries are integral in shift to renewable energy
- Hundreds mourn victims of McKeesport house fire at candlelight vigil
- North Huntingdon church shaken by youth pastor’s child porn rap
- Pitt’s defense has not rested in post-Donald era
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- All signs positive for Pitt junior forward Johnson