Alleged Washington County carjacker arrested at airport
State police are holding a Chicago-area man on charges he stole his ex-wife's car in Washington County before trying to flee on a flight out of Pittsburgh International around dawn Sunday.
Allegheny County police arrested Jason Scott Sargent, 39, of Tinley Park, Ill., in the airport terminal and sent him back to Washington County for arraignment Sunday afternoon, state police said. They're accusing him of threatening to kill his ex-wife, Rachel Sargent, of Brownsville, and charging at her boyfriend, Thomas Yuratovich, also of Brownsville before stealing the car in Somerset, Washington County, around 6 a.m.
Jason Sargent had spent the night at his ex-wife's home while visiting their son and began arguing with her when she was driving him to the airport to fly home, police said. He threatened to kill her as she was driving and she stopped the car. He got out, charged her boyfriend — who had been following in another car behind them — scuffled with him, and then got into her car and drove away, according to police.
State police declined to give the ages of the victims. Allegheny County police at the airport referred comment to police headquarters, where officials could not be reached.
Timothy Puko is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7991 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- NHL notebook: Former Penguin Despres gets $18.5 million deal from Ducks
- MLB notebook: Mariners fire McClendon after 2 seasons as manager
- Short-handed West Virginia to face challenge in Oklahoma State passing attack
- Penn Hills literacy project adds mini library
- Photo Gallery: Johnny Appleseed Day at Highcliff Elementary
- Yatesboro teen died from artery anomaly
- Violence spreads to Gaza Strip
- Pittsburgh International Airport to focus on attracting new airlines, increase facility’s usage
- ‘Post-Ebola syndrome’ hospitalizes British nurse
- House OKs end of oil export ban adopted in 1970s in response to Arab embargo