Ballet theater nears completion of Strip District expansion
The Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre next week will begin demolishing a former restaurant supply building on Liberty Avenue as part of the final phase of an expansion that began in 2009.
The demolition will make room for a 35-space parking lot next to the ballet theater's studios in the Strip District. During the past four years, the theater added its first dormitory, new floors in five dance studios and expanded a reception area.
The new parking lot and the building of an annex with three new studio spaces will complete the expansion.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Visual search still hampered by image issues
- Dorfman: Fat profit margins not always sign of star
- High court to weigh pregnancy work rights
- Dedicated California educator Hasbrouck dead at 62
- Alle-Kiski soccer notebook: Area teams begin section play this week
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense