Ballet theater nears completion of Strip District expansion
The Pittsburgh Ballet Theatre next week will begin demolishing a former restaurant supply building on Liberty Avenue as part of the final phase of an expansion that began in 2009.
The demolition will make room for a 35-space parking lot next to the ballet theater's studios in the Strip District. During the past four years, the theater added its first dormitory, new floors in five dance studios and expanded a reception area.
The new parking lot and the building of an annex with three new studio spaces will complete the expansion.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 4 ejections, benches-clearing scrum mark Pirates’ win over Reds
- McKeesport prepares for Relay For Life
- New traffic lights to be installed near McKeesport’s Jerome Bridge
- Steelers’ Harrison awaits go-ahead from Tomlin before practicing
- Zimbabwe alleges Murrysville doctor illegally killed lion
- Inaugural Geibel STEM camp gives pupils interactive, fun science experience
- Pirates notebook: Burnett says ‘surgery is not an option’
- Pa. breeding ground for corruption, experts say
- Inside the Steelers: Roethlisberger strong in goal-line drills
- Pittsburgh airport improvements noted as CEO tries to expand activity
- 2 teens drown in Lawrence County creek