New spray parks in East Hills and Shadyside opening Saturday
The city of Pittsburgh will kick off swimming season on Saturday with the opening of two new spray parks.
The parks are in East Hills Park on Wilner Drive in East Hills and Mellon Park on Fifth Avenue in Shadyside.
Those parks, as well as the spray parks at Vanucci Playground on Orangewood Avenue in Beechview and Cowley Playground on Goettman Street in Troy Hill, will be open from 1 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Beginning on Tuesday, they will switch to their regular operating hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission to spray parks is free.
The city's 18 outdoor swimming pools are scheduled to open on June 14. For more details on pool fees and swimming programs, call 412-323-7928 or visit the website: www.pittsburghpa.gov/citiparks/swimming-home.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Former pitcher Allie happily adjusting to outfield
- Pirates chase Mets’ Harvey early in rout
- Coroners, organ harvesting group spar over procurement process
- Pa. gaming industry’s growth amplifies siren call for addicts
- Book details secret to Pirates’ turnaround
- Biertempfel: Despite Marte’s inconsistency, Pirates’ Hurdle keeping faith
- Ex-Baldwin, Pitt star Pinkston not giving up on NFL dream
- Hempfield train crash search called off; no evidence found
- Good season predicted for region’s boaters
- Hempfield pair caught in vehicle scam
- Going the distance no longer part of the game