New spray parks in East Hills and Shadyside opening Saturday
The city of Pittsburgh will kick off swimming season on Saturday with the opening of two new spray parks.
The parks are in East Hills Park on Wilner Drive in East Hills and Mellon Park on Fifth Avenue in Shadyside.
Those parks, as well as the spray parks at Vanucci Playground on Orangewood Avenue in Beechview and Cowley Playground on Goettman Street in Troy Hill, will be open from 1 to 8 p.m. on Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
Beginning on Tuesday, they will switch to their regular operating hours of 9 a.m. to 8 p.m. Admission to spray parks is free.
The city's 18 outdoor swimming pools are scheduled to open on June 14. For more details on pool fees and swimming programs, call 412-323-7928 or visit the website: www.pittsburghpa.gov/citiparks/swimming-home.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Authorities release name of Greensburg man who jumped off overpass onto Route 30
- Operating loss widens at Highmark parent
- Jury deliberating in dispute over origin of Heinz ‘Dip & Squeeze’ ketchup package
- Starkey: Penguins’ season impressive so far
- District attorney will review grand jury’s report on AG Kane
- Controversial McKeesport building destroyed by fire
- VA, police looking into suicide by veteran outside O’Hara facility
- Penguins a love affair for Evancho sisters
- Pitt football team working to fatten up QB sack total on defense
- Big names highlight Three Rivers Arts Festival’s 2015 musical lineup
- Police mum on Rostraver house probe