Butler County eliminates jury commissioner position
Butler County commissioners voted Thursday to eliminate the elected position of jury commissioner.
“This is mainly being done for financial reasons. It will save $60,000 to $70,000,” said Bill McCarrier, the commissioners' president.
McCarrier and Commissioner Dale Pinkerton voted to eliminate the positions. Commissioner Jim Eckstein was absent.
Jury commissioners mail letters and field phone calls from prospective jurors. Much of the work they did in the past has been replaced by computers, McCarrier said. The work will be done in the county's court administration office.
The two jury commissioners, Jon Galante and Clinton Bonetti, will serve until the end of the year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins trade for Toronto’s Kessel; lose Martin, Comeau via free agency
- Pitt’s Boyd waives right to preliminary hearing
- Second Blair County friar commits suicide in province under sex abuse investigation
- Dragon boat competition canceled at Three Rivers Regatta
- Steelers submit application to host Super Bowl
- FBI searching for Homestead man indicted for sex trafficking in children
- Pirates’ Cole not fazed by remarks from Tigers’ Martinez
- Judge revokes bail for Plum High School teacher
- Marinucci sentenced to life in prison with no parole
- Donora-Webster Bridge plunges into Mon River after 106 years
- Auction of Dick Scaife’s home decor brings $3.89 million