Butler County eliminates jury commissioner position
Butler County commissioners voted Thursday to eliminate the elected position of jury commissioner.
“This is mainly being done for financial reasons. It will save $60,000 to $70,000,” said Bill McCarrier, the commissioners' president.
McCarrier and Commissioner Dale Pinkerton voted to eliminate the positions. Commissioner Jim Eckstein was absent.
Jury commissioners mail letters and field phone calls from prospective jurors. Much of the work they did in the past has been replaced by computers, McCarrier said. The work will be done in the county's court administration office.
The two jury commissioners, Jon Galante and Clinton Bonetti, will serve until the end of the year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Senior laden Robert Morris men’s hockey team hopes to erase last season’s disappointment
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Pitt O-line responds to coach’s challenge
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Penn State coaches are happy with quarterback Hackenberg’s play
- Pirates notebook: Fastball command issues hurt Cole against Cubs
- Energy efficiency goes mainstream with help of regulations, demand
- Environmental watchdog sues world’s largest steelmaker over Pennsylvania pollution
- New-look Steelers secondary is gaining some cohesion
- Rossi: Cole is simply not good enough for Pirates