Butler County eliminates jury commissioner position
Butler County commissioners voted Thursday to eliminate the elected position of jury commissioner.
“This is mainly being done for financial reasons. It will save $60,000 to $70,000,” said Bill McCarrier, the commissioners' president.
McCarrier and Commissioner Dale Pinkerton voted to eliminate the positions. Commissioner Jim Eckstein was absent.
Jury commissioners mail letters and field phone calls from prospective jurors. Much of the work they did in the past has been replaced by computers, McCarrier said. The work will be done in the county's court administration office.
The two jury commissioners, Jon Galante and Clinton Bonetti, will serve until the end of the year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Health care law compliance complex for employers
- Georgia Tech runs all over mistake-prone Pitt
- Kobani emerges as pivot point
- West Virginia whips Oklahoma State for 4th straight win
- Pennsylvania legislative redistricting to take full effect in state House elections
- Road Trip! Destination: Chicago
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Indiana couple’s bond grows stronger after devastating accident
- Artists take impressionistic look at Pittsburgh
- Wolf, Corbett stump in Western Pennsylvania
- Cooking Class: Cuisine as varied as wine selection at Open Bottle Bistro