Butler County eliminates jury commissioner position
Butler County commissioners voted Thursday to eliminate the elected position of jury commissioner.
“This is mainly being done for financial reasons. It will save $60,000 to $70,000,” said Bill McCarrier, the commissioners' president.
McCarrier and Commissioner Dale Pinkerton voted to eliminate the positions. Commissioner Jim Eckstein was absent.
Jury commissioners mail letters and field phone calls from prospective jurors. Much of the work they did in the past has been replaced by computers, McCarrier said. The work will be done in the county's court administration office.
The two jury commissioners, Jon Galante and Clinton Bonetti, will serve until the end of the year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Emergency personnel contain fire at Whitehall apartment complex
- Steelers’ Wheaton embraces expanding role
- Panthers fall to Hawaii in game they were expected to win
- Tire comes off, hits oncoming car, kills 1 on Route 28
- Ohio woman shot to death nearly 3 days before police find body in Neshannock home
- Fleury denied 300th win as Penguins lose to Islanders in shootout
- On senior day, Pitt not giving up the fight
- 7 arrested in Latrobe-area drug dealing
- For 1 night on stage, embattled Cosby his old self
- Pine-Richland tops defending champ Central Catholic to capture WPIAL title
- Central Valley beats rival West Allegheny to win WPIAL Class AAA championship