Butler County eliminates jury commissioner position
Butler County commissioners voted Thursday to eliminate the elected position of jury commissioner.
“This is mainly being done for financial reasons. It will save $60,000 to $70,000,” said Bill McCarrier, the commissioners' president.
McCarrier and Commissioner Dale Pinkerton voted to eliminate the positions. Commissioner Jim Eckstein was absent.
Jury commissioners mail letters and field phone calls from prospective jurors. Much of the work they did in the past has been replaced by computers, McCarrier said. The work will be done in the county's court administration office.
The two jury commissioners, Jon Galante and Clinton Bonetti, will serve until the end of the year.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 2 stores robbed in Alle-Kiski Valley
- Springdale to stick with chief
- Burrell makes effort to improve performance scores
- Steelers film session: Watt kept under control
- Upper Burrell man charged with sexually assaulting boy
- Leechburg councilwoman resigns; applicants sought
- Nearing season’s midpoint, Steelers still have issues to sort out
- 2 appointees fill out Cheswick Council
- BVA’s Parshall gives Penn State a commitment for softball
- Officials unite to combat violence in New Kensington
- Rossi: Fleury is, and will remain, Penguins’ soul