Portion of 31st Street Bridge reopens
The eastern end of the 31st Street Bridge reopened to motorists shortly after 1 p.m. Friday, PennDOT said.
The section of bridge that connects Lawrenceville to River Avenue and Washington's Landing closed last summer because of work related to the $120 million Route 28 improvement project. It will remain closed to pedestrians.
The western end of the bridge that connects to Route 28 will remain closed to vehicles and pedestrians as work there continues, PennDOT said. It will reopen near the completion of the Route 28 project, expected next year, PennDOT said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates notebook: Locke makes bid for final rotation spot, Tabata cut
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Couple taken into custody after 8-hour standoff in Hempfield
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Norwin High School health teacher charged with selling heroin
- Penguins coach Johnston’s mother dies
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Pa. woman charged with forging docs to claim she was an attorney
- MLB commissioner: Pirates’ success starts in the front office
- Lombardi leads IUP to brink of men’s basketball national title