Portion of 31st Street Bridge reopens
The eastern end of the 31st Street Bridge reopened to motorists shortly after 1 p.m. Friday, PennDOT said.
The section of bridge that connects Lawrenceville to River Avenue and Washington's Landing closed last summer because of work related to the $120 million Route 28 improvement project. It will remain closed to pedestrians.
The western end of the bridge that connects to Route 28 will remain closed to vehicles and pedestrians as work there continues, PennDOT said. It will reopen near the completion of the Route 28 project, expected next year, PennDOT said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Elites, media & character
- High risk, reward with 1st-round quarterbacks in NFL Draft
- Rossi: Penguins’ best bet is on Martin
- From injuries to front office, Penguins’ season didn’t lack drama
- Military draftees ignore Ukraine’s call to arms
- Spirit Airlines lifts fortunes of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Burnett’s stellar start paves way for Pirates’ victory over Diamondbacks
- Pitt AD Barnes has enjoyed varied career in college sports
- Ex-Freeport star dealing with ‘scary’ ailment returns to Mercyhurst baseball team
- Young defensemen make case for future with Penguins
- Visa limits vex businesses