Portion of 31st Street Bridge reopens
The eastern end of the 31st Street Bridge reopened to motorists shortly after 1 p.m. Friday, PennDOT said.
The section of bridge that connects Lawrenceville to River Avenue and Washington's Landing closed last summer because of work related to the $120 million Route 28 improvement project. It will remain closed to pedestrians.
The western end of the bridge that connects to Route 28 will remain closed to vehicles and pedestrians as work there continues, PennDOT said. It will reopen near the completion of the Route 28 project, expected next year, PennDOT said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- In historic vote, Pa. Senate approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Brooklyn man’s cross-state taxi ride leads straight to jail in Uniontown
- Pirates notebook: Cervelli gets 1st career DH start
- Vandergrift man accused of sexual assault
- Presque Isle Downs cancels thoroughbred races because of running deer
- Pa. Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Wolf veto likely
- Ferris wheel goes up to help get Regatta rolling
- Pirates hope 1st baseman Alvarez starts to regain power stroke
- Downie, Ehrhoff lead list of likely Penguins leaving in free agency
- Pirates notebook: Power shortage continues, Tabata designated for assignment