Portion of 31st Street Bridge reopens
The eastern end of the 31st Street Bridge reopened to motorists shortly after 1 p.m. Friday, PennDOT said.
The section of bridge that connects Lawrenceville to River Avenue and Washington's Landing closed last summer because of work related to the $120 million Route 28 improvement project. It will remain closed to pedestrians.
The western end of the bridge that connects to Route 28 will remain closed to vehicles and pedestrians as work there continues, PennDOT said. It will reopen near the completion of the Route 28 project, expected next year, PennDOT said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Constables accused of unprofessional conduct held for court
- S. Carolina man wanted by Shaler police arrested
- Penn State president: Freeh acted like prosecutor in review
- Penguins get physical, trade Goc for Blues’ Lapierre
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Stocks lose footing on Fed statement
- Continental targets early 2016 for North Shore apartments, parking garage
- Cuba lays out list of demands for improved relations
- NHL notebook: Bruins place veteran forward Gagne on waivers
- Leader of Venezuelan congress denies bodyguard’s allegations
- Washington County man convicted of domestic assaults