Portion of 31st Street Bridge reopens
The eastern end of the 31st Street Bridge reopened to motorists shortly after 1 p.m. Friday, PennDOT said.
The section of bridge that connects Lawrenceville to River Avenue and Washington's Landing closed last summer because of work related to the $120 million Route 28 improvement project. It will remain closed to pedestrians.
The western end of the bridge that connects to Route 28 will remain closed to vehicles and pedestrians as work there continues, PennDOT said. It will reopen near the completion of the Route 28 project, expected next year, PennDOT said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Motorcycle runs off road in Butler County, kills Shaler man
- Suspended Penn-Trafford teacher charged with stalking student
- Crash closes one lane of westbound I-376 in Beaver County
- Route 22 accident in Monroeville causes traffic jam
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Carjacked vehicle hits Philly crowd, kills 2 children
- Small plane goes down near Grove City
- LaBar: John Cena leaving WWE for Hollywood?