Man found dead in Beaver River identified
A man found floating in the Beaver River in Bridgewater had left home earlier in the day, but his family didn't report him missing until after his body was found, police said.
It's unclear where James DeMaria, 58, of Fallston had been, Patterson assistant police Chief David Stanislawski said Wednesday.
Family members told police they did not argue with DeMaria or have any problems with him, Stanislawski said. They reported him missing between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, he said.
A boater spotted DeMaria's clothed body spotted floating at docks in Bridgewater about 7:30 p.m. DeMaria's body showed no signs of trauma, Stanislawski said.
A cause of death is pending the results of an autopsy, said Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Steelers dial up 2-point play for Brown’s TD toss
- Steelers’ defense rebounds after shaky 1st quarter, forces Texans into mistakes
- Rostraver woman victim of home invasion
- Penguins notebook: Newcomers get 1st taste of rivalry with Flyers
- Injured Pitt center Rowell plays well-rounded role on campus
- The Wine Cellar: Chairman’s Selections highlight Italian wine values
- So Many Questions: ‘Kingdom’ actress Joanna Going sees addiction’s consequences
- District college notes: St. Vincent names women’s assistant coach
- NHL notebook: Kings support suspension of defenseman Voynov
- Police seize phones of some Norwin High School students