Man found dead in Beaver River identified
A man found floating in the Beaver River in Bridgewater had left home earlier in the day, but his family didn't report him missing until after his body was found, police said.
It's unclear where James DeMaria, 58, of Fallston had been, Patterson assistant police Chief David Stanislawski said Wednesday.
Family members told police they did not argue with DeMaria or have any problems with him, Stanislawski said. They reported him missing between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, he said.
A boater spotted DeMaria's clothed body spotted floating at docks in Bridgewater about 7:30 p.m. DeMaria's body showed no signs of trauma, Stanislawski said.
A cause of death is pending the results of an autopsy, said Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Flyers continue mastery of Penguins at Consol
- Starkey: Century mark beckons for Ben
- Pitt offense eyes healthy balance
- Wanted sex offender caught hiding in homemade fort in Washington County
- Steelers’ defense on pace for fewest sacks in 16-game season
- Officials identify witness to Port Authority bus crash after releasing photo
- County explores state of Mon Valley area health
- Canadians more fearful, aware after ‘very rare’ attack in Ottawa
- Buffalo Township grandma pleads guilty to selling hundreds of pounds of weed
- WPIAL, coaches are still looking to schedule Week 9 rivalry games
- Corbett rips Wolf tax proposals during Hempfield campaign stop