Man found dead in Beaver River identified
A man found floating in the Beaver River in Bridgewater had left home earlier in the day, but his family didn't report him missing until after his body was found, police said.
It's unclear where James DeMaria, 58, of Fallston had been, Patterson assistant police Chief David Stanislawski said Wednesday.
Family members told police they did not argue with DeMaria or have any problems with him, Stanislawski said. They reported him missing between 9 and 9:30 p.m. Tuesday, he said.
A boater spotted DeMaria's clothed body spotted floating at docks in Bridgewater about 7:30 p.m. DeMaria's body showed no signs of trauma, Stanislawski said.
A cause of death is pending the results of an autopsy, said Beaver County Coroner Teri Tatalovich-Rossi.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Offense continues to click as Panthers hold off Kent State, 85-76
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak