Man shot twice in face in Derry Borough
A Westmoreland County man is in jail, accused of shooting a man twice in the face at an apartment in Derry Borough.
Robbie Snow, 20, of 509 E. Fourth St., Derry, is charged with aggravated assault and related charges for allegedly shooting Larry Dunlap at 108 S. Chestnut St. during an incident that police said occurred at approximately 2:30 p.m. Friday.
Snow was arraigned Friday night before District Judge James E. Albert of Greensburg and jailed in lieu of $250,000 straight cash bond.
Police did not reveal a motive for the shooting.
According to an affidavit filed with the charges, Snow admitted to borough police Sgt. James Friscarella he had shot the victim, then hid the gun in a mailbox in the hallway of his residence. Snow said that following the shooting, he left the scene and returned home.
Dan Stevens, public information officer for the Westmoreland County Department of Public Safety, said that after Dunlap was shot, he stumbled down the stairs and went into the Ameriserve Financial office next door for help.
Witnesses directed officers from Derry, Latrobe and Ligonier and state police to Snow's home, where he was taken into custody without incident within 35 minutes of the shooting, Stevens said.
A police affidavit indicated Dunlap was taken to Conemaugh hospital in Johnstown with non-life-threatening injuries. However, a nursing supervisor said Friday evening there was no record of a patient by that name.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Woman dead in two-car crash in Natrona Heights
- Opposing defenses find success against Steelers by eschewing blitz
- Steelers looking for Spence to step up game at inside linebacker
- Unpaid August Wilson creditors seek help from judge
- Penguins forward Downie becoming a hit with teammates
- Dunbar woman, toddler in critical condition after high-speed crash
- Former Rollier’s store to become art gallery, cafe
- Vin Diesel showing some love for Pittsburgh and co-star
- Snapshot in time: Comparing Cowher, Tomlin drafts
- LaBar: What the WrestleMania title match should be
- Valley Township couple goes all out for Halloween