Officials identify Knoxville man killed in Beechview crash
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the man killed in a crash Sunday night in Beechview.
Paramedics pronounced Edward Stiefel, 37, of Knoxille dead at the scene along West Liberty Avenue near Wenzell Avenue just after 10 p.m., a spokesman with the medical examiner's office said.
Stiefel was speeding down the hill when he lost control of a sports utility vehicle, hit an embankment and rolled several times, collision investigation Sgt. Dan Connolly said. Stiefel was ejected from the vehicle.
Witnesses and police officers helped push the SUV upright so rescuers could reach the passenger, who has a broken leg and is in critical condition at UPMC Mercy, Uptown, Connolly said.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Foreign influx in Allegheny County at ‘tipping point’
- 1 intruder killed, other shot and wounded in Carrick home invasion
- Steelers hope new faces breathe life into team
- Steelers’ Spence confident he can avoid injury setbacks
- UPMC, Pittsburgh drop tax-status fight
- Steelers WR Wheaton wants to produce after injury-plagued rookie year
- GM Colbert expects Roethlisberger to end career with Steelers
- Autopsy scheduled on Pleasant Hills man, 95, who died following crash
- Congressmen ask NCAA to relax PSU penalties
- Steelers hope group of low-budget cornerbacks can deliver
- Roethlisberger ‘prays’ he can stay with Steelers when deal expires