Officials identify Knoxville man killed in Beechview crash
The Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office has identified the man killed in a crash Sunday night in Beechview.
Paramedics pronounced Edward Stiefel, 37, of Knoxille dead at the scene along West Liberty Avenue near Wenzell Avenue just after 10 p.m., a spokesman with the medical examiner's office said.
Stiefel was speeding down the hill when he lost control of a sports utility vehicle, hit an embankment and rolled several times, collision investigation Sgt. Dan Connolly said. Stiefel was ejected from the vehicle.
Witnesses and police officers helped push the SUV upright so rescuers could reach the passenger, who has a broken leg and is in critical condition at UPMC Mercy, Uptown, Connolly said.
Margaret Harding is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. She can be reached at 412-380-8519 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: What are Penguins, Pirates up to?
- Capitals dominate overmatched Penguins in win at Verizon Center
- Pennsylvania Gov. Wolf to sign order barring drilling of new oil, gas wells in state forests, parks
- IRS scam snares another Westmoreland County resident
- Dixon vows to fix Pitt’s long-distance dilemma
- Lapierre eager to make mark with Penguins
- Pa. police departments worry order on criminal seizures hurts bottom line
- UPMC, Highmark disagree over payment of medical claims for children
- Police standoff in Pleasant Hills ends with man found dead
- Beauty Bash will help send cancer patient, family to Florida
- Donora man apprehended after North Belle Vernon pharmacy robbery