Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
By Michael Hasch
Published: Friday, June 14, 2013, 6:21 p.m.
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. at The Club Sports & Health on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information.
“There was an incident at our pool today, which required intervention by our lifeguard staff and local paramedics,” said James Filipovic, chief financial officer at The Club, in an email statement. “We are unable to release any information about those involved, but we are proud of the actions taken by our staff and are keeping the family in our thoughts.”
The facility, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and offers private and group swimming lessons, according to its home page.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season
- West Mifflin business joins forces with East Allegheny students
- Local Episcopal priest sentenced in child pornography case
- Prescription Drug Take Back Day to be observed locally