Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. at The Club Sports & Health on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information.
“There was an incident at our pool today, which required intervention by our lifeguard staff and local paramedics,” said James Filipovic, chief financial officer at The Club, in an email statement. “We are unable to release any information about those involved, but we are proud of the actions taken by our staff and are keeping the family in our thoughts.”
The facility, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and offers private and group swimming lessons, according to its home page.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- 7 in custody after New Kensington drug raid
- Tomlin: Possible Steelers midseason surge won’t come easy vs. Colts
- Judge makes August Wilson center sale official
- Beechview man arrested on child pornography charges
- 8 selected thus far for jury in Ferrante trial
- Turnpike accident kills 1
- Pittsburgh police officers start wearing video cameras
- Rookie Bryant sparks deep passing game for Steelers in victory
- Parents of duct-taped Highlands student don’t want charges
- GCC’s Zambruno wins PIAA golf title
- North Catholic High School principal steps down