Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. at The Club Sports & Health on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information.
“There was an incident at our pool today, which required intervention by our lifeguard staff and local paramedics,” said James Filipovic, chief financial officer at The Club, in an email statement. “We are unable to release any information about those involved, but we are proud of the actions taken by our staff and are keeping the family in our thoughts.”
The facility, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and offers private and group swimming lessons, according to its home page.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Penguins see Stars, blanked by Dallas in opening game
- Ohio woman will be milestone passenger to fly out of Arnold Palmer Regional Airport
- Clairton man arrested on drug, weapon charges
- Rep. Stefano’s 6th coffee conversation centers on budget impasse, taxes
- Charleroi, Bentworth keep winning
- Manor Township considers tax break
- Starkey: Pirates gaining bad big-game rep
- Steelers hoping to establish run early against San Diego
- Steelers quarterback Vick getting more acquainted with offense
- Roaches troubling to Donora residents
- Pennsylvania senator’s statewide solution to regulate taxi, ride services gains steam