Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. at The Club Sports & Health on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information.
“There was an incident at our pool today, which required intervention by our lifeguard staff and local paramedics,” said James Filipovic, chief financial officer at The Club, in an email statement. “We are unable to release any information about those involved, but we are proud of the actions taken by our staff and are keeping the family in our thoughts.”
The facility, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and offers private and group swimming lessons, according to its home page.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Antarctica yields life in extremist of conditions, so what about on another planet?
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- South Allegheny softball poised for successful season
- Kittanning senior Kunst shoots lights out at Cager Classic skills event
- Tourists rush to visit Cuba before Americans
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball rallies past GCC
- Credit card use reflects confidence, flat wages
- Dow Chemical, Olin in $5B cash-and-stock deal
- Economy in steady, but poky expansion