Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. at The Club Sports & Health on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information.
“There was an incident at our pool today, which required intervention by our lifeguard staff and local paramedics,” said James Filipovic, chief financial officer at The Club, in an email statement. “We are unable to release any information about those involved, but we are proud of the actions taken by our staff and are keeping the family in our thoughts.”
The facility, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and offers private and group swimming lessons, according to its home page.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Johnston must reach Malkin in Moscow
- Pirates notebook: Recovering Cole exceeds expectations in simulated game
- Steelers are in familiar territory going into training camp in Latrobe
- Liriano, Snider lift Pirates to a victory over Dodgers at PNC Park
- Air Algerie plane with 116 disappears from radar in Africa
- New Penguins coach to meet with Malkin
- Hookah bar on tap for Greensburg
- Ex-Milwaukee archbishop told he can’t spend final days at St. Vincent Archabbey
- 3 identified in Route 66 crash near Delmont
- Greensburg pawn shop aids in arrest of home repair scam suspect
- Truck drivers taken to hospital after Pa. Turnpike crash in Butler County