Boy in hospital following near drowning at Monroeville pool
A boy was taken to Children's Hospital in Lawrenceville following what police are calling “a near drowning” Friday at a swimming pool in Monroeville.
The incident occurred around 4 p.m. at The Club Sports & Health on Raquet Lane, police said. Officers released no additional information.
“There was an incident at our pool today, which required intervention by our lifeguard staff and local paramedics,” said James Filipovic, chief financial officer at The Club, in an email statement. “We are unable to release any information about those involved, but we are proud of the actions taken by our staff and are keeping the family in our thoughts.”
The facility, formerly known as the Oxford Athletic Club, has indoor and outdoor swimming pools and offers private and group swimming lessons, according to its home page.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or at email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Starkey: Pitt needs this version of James Robinson
- Westmoreland museum spotlights artist John Kane’s late-in-life fame
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- Familiar Downtown Pittsburgh presence lost arm, leg to train
- Pitt upsets No. 8 Notre Dame to snap losing streak
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Westmoreland Museum makeover draws raves
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads