Duquesne shooting suspect found in McKeesport basement
Police found a man wanted for a shooting on Friday evening hiding under garbage bags in the basement of a McKeesport home, authorities said.
Christopher “Smacks” Westbrooks, 21, was taken into custody at a home along Penny Street and charged with attempted homicide in connection with the shooting in the 100 block of North Third Street in Duquesne.
Duquesne police officers responding to a call for a man shot shortly after 5 p.m. found Allen Parker III, 22, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and trunk, according to Allegheny County police, who were called to assist in the investigation. Parker was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Westbrooks also was charged with weapons violations, aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers’ defense unfazed by noise, believes in potential
- Roman Catholic Diocese of Pittsburgh asking Supreme Court to hear case
- Penguins notebook: After reinterpreting rule, draft pick sought for Bylsma’s hiring
- Overhaul possible for West Mifflin’s Century III Mall
- Pirates pound Padres for 7th consecutive victory
- Man dies in North Buffalo fire
- Kiski River search finds kayak but no kayaker
- Phone threats put scare into international flights
- Juvenile status hearing, trial delayed in Franklin Regional stabbings
- Ice Miners not returning to Connellsville
- Former Ford City superintendent charged with killing family member in Texas