Duquesne shooting suspect found in McKeesport basement
Police found a man wanted for a shooting on Friday evening hiding under garbage bags in the basement of a McKeesport home, authorities said.
Christopher “Smacks” Westbrooks, 21, was taken into custody at a home along Penny Street and charged with attempted homicide in connection with the shooting in the 100 block of North Third Street in Duquesne.
Duquesne police officers responding to a call for a man shot shortly after 5 p.m. found Allen Parker III, 22, suffering from multiple gunshot wounds to the chest and trunk, according to Allegheny County police, who were called to assist in the investigation. Parker was taken to the hospital in critical condition.
Westbrooks also was charged with weapons violations, aggravated assault and reckless endangerment.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- NFL coaches weigh in on Polamalu’s legacy
- Reports say 1 dead at Fort Meade gate crashing
- Owner of Penn Hills tombstone business pleads guilty to swindling the bereaved
- Penguins slip past Sharks, 3-2, in shootout
- Penguins’ Letang leaves hospital, out with concussion
- Pirates’ outfield may have few defensive peers
- Hempfield infant fights rare disease
- LaBar: WrestleMania 31 one of the best ever
- Sex-soaked culture faulted for fraternity house parties
- Starkey: Next frontier for Steelers offense
- Researchers uncover details to help get GOP candidates elected