Officer hurt while chasing suspect in Oakland
A police officer suffered a leg injury late Tuesday while chasing a burglary suspect in Oakland, county emergency dispatchers were told.
The incident occurred about 11:20 p.m. in the 300 block of Lawn Street near Kennett Square, above the Parkway East where officers had been searching for the suspect.
A man who was taken into custody was subdued by officers using a Taser, county dispatchers were told.
Paramedics were summoned to treat the officer and the man.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police officer fatally shot in New Florence; suspect in custody
- Four downs: Steelers might still be Adams’ best bet
- Steelers find success vs. NFC
- Thomas Jefferson uses defense, running game to capture WPIAL title
- Zatkoff’s, Malkin’s heroics not enough as Oilers down Penguins in shootout
- Central Catholic wins 5th WPIAL football title
- Aliquippa wins 16th WPIAL title, ends South Fayette’s 44-game winning streak
- Steelers notebook: Brown downplays possible matchup against Seahawks’ Sherman
- Woman dies after bleeding on sidewalk outside Carrick pizzeria
- Pitt notebook: Offensive struggles continue
- As historic breakup nears, Alcoa works to redefine its ‘advantage’