TribLIVE

| News


 
Larger text Larger text Smaller text Smaller text | Order Photo Reprints

Plum police investigating carbon monoxide poisoning death

About The Tribune-Review
The Tribune-Review can be reached via e-mail or at 412-321-6460.
Contact Us | Video | Photo Reprints

Daily Photo Galleries


By The Tribune-Review

Published: Thursday, June 20, 2013, 3:36 p.m.

Plum police are investigating a carbon monoxide poisoning that left a woman dead and her husband hospitalized Wednesday afternoon.

Chief Frank Monaco said Mary Harris, 66, and Gary Harris, 67, were found unresponsive in their home in the 700 block of New Texas Road at about 2 p.m. Wednesday.

Monaco said police were called when a daughter went to the home after not being able to reach the couple by telephone. Monaco said a car with no gas in it was discovered in the garage, and the garage door was closed.

Mary Harris was pronounced dead, according to the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's Office. She died from carbon monoxide poisoning, officials said. The death has been ruled accidental.

Gary Harris was transported to Allegheny General Hospital where he was listed in good condition Thursday, a spokeswoman said.

 

 
 


Show commenting policy

Most-Read Stories

  1. Mail for IRS delivered to Squirrel Hill home
  2. Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
  3. Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
  4. Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
  5. York teen suspended for asking Miss America to prom
  6. Oakmont father-son team’s efforts help add Mon Valley names to police memorial
  7. Road work to cause lane closures in Mt. Lebanon starting Monday
  8. Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
  9. Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
  10. Hempfield native, 22, publishes with local independent press
  11. Bethel Park brewpub gets council’s approval
Subscribe today! Click here for our subscription offers.