Pittsburgh opens three cooling centers, temps forecast to rise
Three cooling centers will be open to provide seniors with an escape from rising temperatures this weekend, Pittsburgh officials announced.
The Homewood, Market House and Sheraden Active Living Centers will be open as “Cooling Islands” Friday to Sunday. Temperatures could reach 90 degrees this weekend.
Air conditioning, refreshments, Internet access and games will be available at the centers.
The centers will be open Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. and Saturday and Sunday from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- The language of bribery from the Philly legislative sting case
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Steelers notebook: Bell says he’s prepared to test Chiefs defense
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting