Power company worker dies in Armstrong County
A Clarion County man died early Saturday after he electrocuted while trying to repair a power line that had been knocked down by a falling tree, according to the Armstrong County coroner's office.
Michael Eugene Over, 52, of Over Road in New Bethlehem accidently grabbed the live line, said Armstrong County Deputy Coroner Brian Myers.
Myers pronounced Over dead at the scene at 3:50 a.m.
Over worked for Central Electric Cooperative of Parker. He responded to a call to 304 Mudd Lane in Perry, Armstrong County.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates sign Corey Hart to 1-year deal
- Police gather in Ligonier for Perryopolis officer’s funeral
- Steelers must be creative in providing snaps for linebackers
- Penguins’ Maatta tests positive for mumps; Bortuzzo, Greiss negative
- Rossi: Brawl for ADs between Pitt and WVU
- Analysis: Misunderstood Chryst served Pitt well
- Western Pa. utility workers OK contract with FirstEnergy
- Review: No improper contact between Pa. Supreme Court justices, lawyers
- Uniontown man charged with raping 2 girls
- Second African penguin chick hatches at National Aviary
- The Exchange offers reward for information that leads to the arrest of person who shot Ross clerk