Pittsburgh bicyclist dies in Delaware crash
BETHANY BEACH, Del. — Delaware State Police are investigating a fatal crash involving a bicyclist in Bethany Beach.
Police say 66-year-old Dorothy Brenner of Pittsburgh was riding a bicycle Friday afternoon along the shoulder of Route 1 in Bethany. At some point, investigators say Brenner tried to cross over the northbound lanes of the highway in a diagonal direction into the path of vehicles.
Police say one vehicle was able to brake and swerve to avoid hitting Brenner. That maneuver forced another vehicle to brake and swerve to the left, striking Brenner. She was thrown from the bicycle.
Brenner was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver was not injured.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin bringing officials to practice
- Flags lowered to mourn Pa. state trooper shot dead during gun training
- Rossi: Pirates plan to carry Hurdle deep into playoffs
- Sparks fly at 2nd Corbett, Wolf campaign debate
- Steelers’ Tomlin does not like his coaching style to be characterized
- Police identify, release people involved in I-70 collision
- Pittsburgh rises up for a 2nd year of Pirates magic
- Indiana County infant hit by bullet will be blind
- September ranks with driest ever in Western Pa.
- Despres is relishing his regular role on Penguins’ blue line
- Penguins notebook: Malkin picture muddy