Bicylist struck in Carrick, rushed to hospital
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Sunday, June 23, 2013, 6:57 p.m.
Pittsburgh paramedics took a bicyclist to UPMC Mercy on Sunday evening after a car struck him on a street in Carrick.
The collision happened about 6:30 p.m. near the intersection of Almont Street and Overbrook Boulevard .
No information was available on the man's injuries. Pittsburgh police are investigating.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Printing delinquent tax list pays off for Highlands
- Orpik rises to occasion as Penguins take down Capitals once again
- Memo confirms VA Pittsburgh officials knew of Legionella threat early on
- Minorities crucial to filling Marcellus shale gas drilling jobs
- Rural Ridge residents question NRG’s plans for landfill
- Forward supervisors OK park funding proposal
- Chamber event targets small business, health care
- Panthers free agent safety headed to Steelers
- Obama budget puts more money into nuclear cleanup, not locks and dams
- Review: ‘Once’ charms as it breaks rules of musical theater
- Penguins notebook: Letang skating, but no return set