Penn American Water lifts conservation notice
Pennsylvania American Water lifted a water conservation notice Monday night for customers of Allegheny and Washington counties who had been asked earlier in the day to reduce water consumption because of a power failure at its Becks Run pumping station, one of the utility's primary intakes on the Monongahela River.
Customers in higher elevations — including Green Tree, Mt. Lebanon, Baldwin Township, Baldwin Borough, Castle Shannon, Dormont and parts of Pittsburgh — may have experienced low pressure, no water or cloudy water while the repairs were being made.
Customers were encouraged to reduce nonessential water use both indoors and outside while the pump station was down, according to the company. The power loss occurred Monday morning.
Pennsylvania American lifted the conservation notice about 8 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates pitching prospect Kingham undergoes Tommy John surgery
- Penguins GM Rutherford ‘wouldn’t make’ Despres trade today
- Starkey: Kang story of the year for Pirates
- Officer: Munhall driver in fatal crash was going too fast to make turn
- Jefferson-Morgan captures first WPIAL softball title in school history
- Man’s body found hours after disappearance on Youghiogheny River
- Eighty-year-old man died in South Fayette fire
- Chevron settles fatal well fire lawsuit for $5 million
- Healthy defensive back Mitchell eager for 2nd season with Steelers
- International counterfeiter sentenced in Pittsburgh to 7 1/2 years in prison
- Animals perish in devastating fire at exotic pet store in Indiana County