Portion of Liberty Avenue to close for gay marriage rally
Liberty Avenue will be closed to vehicles between Seventh and 10th Streets in Downtown from about 9 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Wednesday, Pittsburgh police said.
Delta Foundation of Pittsburgh received permission from the city to hold “Riot or Rejoice,” an event planned around anticipated Supreme Court decisions on gay marriage.
Police said the gay-rights foundation expects about 350 people to attend the rally, scheduled to start at 9:30 a.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates pitcher Burnett could return in 4 weeks
- Steelers activate Pro Bowl center Maurkice Pouncey
- Large crowd mourns woman allegedly killed by escapee
- Wheeling Jesuit University agrees to $2.3 million settlement for misuse of grant
- Former Pennsylvania Sen. Richard Schweiker dies at 89
- Pirates send Decker to Indy to clear roster space for Morse
- Broken water main creates sinkhole that swallows truck in Overbrook
- New interim director to take over VA Pittsburgh Healthcare System
- Heroin, marijuana found in car, driver arrested
- Couple jailed after domestic assault in Gilpin
- Slot cornerback Boykin should give Steelers options in secondary