2-year-old boy found in pool drowned, Washington County coroner says
By Michael Hasch
Published: Tuesday, June 25, 2013, 6:39 p.m.
A 2-year-old boy who was found unresponsive in a backyard swimming pool drowned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said on Tuesday.
Blake M. Metzger was found around 5:50 p.m. Monday by relatives in the above-ground pool on Richland Avenue in Canonsburg, Warco said. He was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital and died at 6:46 p.m.
Canonsburg police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the drowning, Warco said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Garden Q&A: Firecracker vine OK for trellis?
- Kovacevic: Still waiting on Malkin, Crosby
- Fleury a bright spot among struggling Penguins in playoffs
- Change in kidney allocation rules expected to help patients
- Pastors offer help in days following Franklin Regional stabbings
- Rossi: Lack of together time showing for Penguins’ defense
- Bedford County lawmaker’s mailings to potential new constituents under fire
- Talent on ice, effort off it help franchise grow hockey in Columbus
- Gov. Corbett’s re-election campaign ‘unflappable’ amid challenges, criticism
- Blue Jackets, city relish first playoff victory
- Murrysville woman shares her many tales as a professional storyteller