2-year-old boy found in pool drowned, Washington County coroner says
A 2-year-old boy who was found unresponsive in a backyard swimming pool drowned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said on Tuesday.
Blake M. Metzger was found around 5:50 p.m. Monday by relatives in the above-ground pool on Richland Avenue in Canonsburg, Warco said. He was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital and died at 6:46 p.m.
Canonsburg police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the drowning, Warco said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pitt, WR Boyd look to break out against Virginia
- Searchers find cousins alive in Kentucky’s Red River Gorge area
- NFL notebook: Cardinals to stay in W.Va. ahead of Steelers game
- Rock Steelers Style, other fashion events team up for a good cause
- Cole working to become Penguins’ next Martin on defense
- Steelers notebook: Starting DEs not leaving the field
- Marshals seek parole violator who walked away from Downtown treatment center
- City Theatre opens season with another rich play from Conor McPherson
- First Draft: Sports superstitions can take fizz out of beer buying
- Penn State to face improving Indiana team
- Boutique offers healthful take on beauty