2-year-old boy found in pool drowned, Washington County coroner says
A 2-year-old boy who was found unresponsive in a backyard swimming pool drowned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said on Tuesday.
Blake M. Metzger was found around 5:50 p.m. Monday by relatives in the above-ground pool on Richland Avenue in Canonsburg, Warco said. He was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital and died at 6:46 p.m.
Canonsburg police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the drowning, Warco said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Antarctica yields life in extremist of conditions, so what about on another planet?
- Players respect coach, refuse to blame Johnston
- Rogue Catholics in Society of St. Pius X to reopen West End church
- Dow Chemical, Olin in $5B cash-and-stock deal
- Kittanning senior Kunst shoots lights out at Cager Classic skills event
- Credit card use reflects confidence, flat wages
- Tourists rush to visit Cuba before Americans
- South Allegheny softball poised for successful season
- Cal U women win Division II national title with 86-69 win
- Eagle egg breaks, parents abandon nest
- Daily Courier roundup: Frazier softball rallies past GCC