2-year-old boy found in pool drowned, Washington County coroner says
A 2-year-old boy who was found unresponsive in a backyard swimming pool drowned, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said on Tuesday.
Blake M. Metzger was found around 5:50 p.m. Monday by relatives in the above-ground pool on Richland Avenue in Canonsburg, Warco said. He was taken to Canonsburg General Hospital and died at 6:46 p.m.
Canonsburg police are continuing to investigate the circumstances surrounding the drowning, Warco said.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or email@example.com.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- D.C. charges woman over armed protest
- Pirates enter Plan B with Martin off market
- For Steelers, a fight to finish for playoff berth
- Starkey: No explaining Steelers, AFC North
- Pitt beats Syracuse, snaps 3-game losing streak
- Leak of grand jury information could cost Attorney General Kane
- For Pitt men’s basketball team, trouble in paradise
- Islanders outwork Penguins to sweep back-to-back meetings
- Freezing rain hits Western Pennsylvania, many accidents reported
- The bullet inside your body ‘becomes a part of you’
- Executive stayed busy with business, civic work