Carnegie man killed in I-79 crash in North Strabane
A Carnegie man was killed Thursday when his truck overturned along Interstate 79 near the Canonsburg exit, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Dakota Nairn Houy, 19, died in the crash that occurred at 6:05 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the interstate in North Strabane, Warco said.
He said the truck left the roadway and traveled along a hillside before striking an exit ramp sign pole and overturning onto its roof. Houy was pronounced dead at the scene.
A ruling on a cause and manner of death won't be made until state police complete their investigation and an autopsy is conducted, Warco said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- McKeesport park to get more regional asset funds
- Steelers film session: Harrison on the field often
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Home brew returns
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Car, bike show to outfit police
- Monessen woman honored for service as church volunteer
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Mental health facility won’t take Franklin Regional stabbing suspect as patient
- Business roundup: SEC fines Bank of America $7.65M for miscalculation; court-ordered anti-smoking ads challenged; more