Carnegie man killed in I-79 crash in North Strabane
A Carnegie man was killed Thursday when his truck overturned along Interstate 79 near the Canonsburg exit, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Dakota Nairn Houy, 19, died in the crash that occurred at 6:05 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the interstate in North Strabane, Warco said.
He said the truck left the roadway and traveled along a hillside before striking an exit ramp sign pole and overturning onto its roof. Houy was pronounced dead at the scene.
A ruling on a cause and manner of death won't be made until state police complete their investigation and an autopsy is conducted, Warco said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Penguins not mortgaging future
- Marshals find suspect in fatal Mercer County shooting in Pittsburgh
- No tag for Worilds; Steelers cut Moore
- Penguins acquire defensemen Lovejoy, Cole in deadline deals
- Penguins GM Rutherford not counting on Dupuis’ return
- Carnegie Mellon expert to school Congress on security
- Pittsburgh’s Downtown tops ranking of small to midsized cities
- Pirates special instructor Tekulve taking second chance to heart
- Former congressman Sestak to kick off U.S. Senate campaign this week
- Inmate care in Allegheny County Jail generates worries
- ‘Let It Snow’s’ big-name cast filming all over Western Pennsylvania