Carnegie man killed in I-79 crash in North Strabane
A Carnegie man was killed Thursday when his truck overturned along Interstate 79 near the Canonsburg exit, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Dakota Nairn Houy, 19, died in the crash that occurred at 6:05 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the interstate in North Strabane, Warco said.
He said the truck left the roadway and traveled along a hillside before striking an exit ramp sign pole and overturning onto its roof. Houy was pronounced dead at the scene.
A ruling on a cause and manner of death won't be made until state police complete their investigation and an autopsy is conducted, Warco said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Kittanning boys soccer team pleases new coach in season-opening loss
- Steelers notebook: Tomlin won’t discuss discipline for Bell, Blount
- 2nd American journalist beheaded as ISIS jihadist taunts, ‘I’m back, Obama’
- Worker driving vehicle hurt at Pittsburgh International Airport
- Maryland doctor will give up license
- Steelers bracing to face 2 quarterbacks vs. Browns
- HS highlight reel: Highmark set to host HS matches
- High school roundup: South Fayette opens section play with victory