Carnegie man killed in I-79 crash in North Strabane
A Carnegie man was killed Thursday when his truck overturned along Interstate 79 near the Canonsburg exit, Washington County Coroner S. Timothy Warco said.
Dakota Nairn Houy, 19, died in the crash that occurred at 6:05 p.m. in the northbound lanes of the interstate in North Strabane, Warco said.
He said the truck left the roadway and traveled along a hillside before striking an exit ramp sign pole and overturning onto its roof. Houy was pronounced dead at the scene.
A ruling on a cause and manner of death won't be made until state police complete their investigation and an autopsy is conducted, Warco said.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby banned from Jets game because he missed All-Star Game
- LeBeau won’t join Cardinals coaching staff
- Former Steelers LB Haggans to do time in Westmoreland jail
- Pine-Richland’s DiNucci to Pitt; Kittanning’s Bowers opts for PSU
- Pittsburgh cracks down on overcrowded houses
- Storm unleashes blizzard conditions on parts of Northeast
- Gorman: Not just a no-brainer for Pine-Richland’s DiNucci
- Leaders mark Auschwitz liberation 70 years on without Putin
- Flyers’ Rinaldo suspended 8 games for hit on Letang
- Teen found in Riverview Park last year died of overdose
- Western Pa. farm markets keep customers coming when nothing’s growing