Fathers file civil suit over sons' deaths in North Versailles fire
The fathers of two boys killed in a fire at their mother's North Versailles apartment filed a civil lawsuit in Allegheny County court on Thursday against the manufacturers of a curling iron and an air conditioning unit, both of which may have ignited the fire.
KiDonn Pollard Ford, 7, and KrisDon Pollard Williams, 5, were left alone in the apartment in Eastland Apartments along East Pittsburgh-McKeesport Boulevard on June 29, 2011 by their mother, Kiaira Pollard, while she went to work as an exotic dancer.
KiDonn died of smoke inhalation on June 30 and KrisDon died from smoke inhalation and a brain injury on July 1.
Pollard pleaded guilty in March 2012 to involuntary manslaughter and was sentenced to two to four years in prison.
Brandon Sheffey Ford of Homestead and Christopher Williams of Homewood, the boys' fathers, contend the curling iron or faulty wiring associated with the air conditioner caused the fire.
Adam Brandolph is a staff writer for Trib Total Media.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Mon Valley called ‘ground zero’ for blight
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Steel Valley area youth attend water camp
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- 2014 has been among deadliest for the world’s airline industry
- Truck crashes into Dairy Queen, 6 injured in Penn Hills
- Steph Chambers | TRIB TOTAL MEDIA