Two crashes on the Parkway West block lanes and cause backups Friday afternoon
A pair of multiple-vehicle crashes on the Parkway West partially blocked the highway and caused backups along the inbound lanes Friday afternoon, Pennsylvania State Police said.
The first crash occurred about 2:45 p.m. on the inbound side of the parkway near Carnegie and the ramps to the West Busway, police said, blocking the two left lanes. PennDOT officials said another crash occurred in the outbound lanes a short time later.
PennDOT officials said the accidents were cleared and all lanes reopened by 4:15 p.m., though there would likely be residual delays heading into the evening rush hour. Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said two patients were transported to local hospitals, though no information was available about the severity of their injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Crosby, Malkin dazzle fellow All-Stars
- Power 5 conferences’ paying cost of attendance worries schools large and small
- Starkey: Rinaldo doesn’t belong in NHL
- Lure of tuition aid, gifts draw college students to ‘sugar daddy’ sites
- One killed in Washington Township crash
- IUP men, women remain among Division II basketball elite
- ‘Line is definitely blurry,’ state police say of dating websites and prostitution
- Long-term solution for wastewater disposal eludes shale gas industry
- Hip to flip: WPIAL wrestlers find tumbling skills translate well on mat
- Fleury’s relay team struggles in NHL skills competition
- NFL notebook: Seahawks warned 15-yard penalty for Lynch obscene gesture