Two crashes on the Parkway West block lanes and cause backups Friday afternoon
A pair of multiple-vehicle crashes on the Parkway West partially blocked the highway and caused backups along the inbound lanes Friday afternoon, Pennsylvania State Police said.
The first crash occurred about 2:45 p.m. on the inbound side of the parkway near Carnegie and the ramps to the West Busway, police said, blocking the two left lanes. PennDOT officials said another crash occurred in the outbound lanes a short time later.
PennDOT officials said the accidents were cleared and all lanes reopened by 4:15 p.m., though there would likely be residual delays heading into the evening rush hour. Allegheny County 911 dispatchers said two patients were transported to local hospitals, though no information was available about the severity of their injuries.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Kittanning to crack down on dock hogs
- Four issues that the Steelers need to take care of in September
- New manager welcomes challenge
- BVA assistant enjoys ‘special’ part of game
- Guitar added to course list at Ford City High School
- Ford City group focuses on health of park’s trees
- Rossi: Longing for when `Browns Week’ mattered
- Penn State football team’s future won’t include ‘Distraction’ trips
- Pitt well-stocked along offensive line
- Dinner in Minutes: Pasta-Stuffed Tomatoes with White Bean Salad
- Leader Times roundup: West Shamokin volleyball team wins 1st match in Class AA