Mt. Lebanon restaurant owner pleads guilty to tax evasion
By The Tribune-Review
Published: Monday, July 1, 2013, 5:36 p.m.
The owner of a Mt. Lebanon restaurant pleaded guilty Monday to federal income tax evasion.
Donald J. DeBlasio, 69, of Collier admitted to skimming cash from his restaurant, DeBlasio's. The skimming caused a total tax loss of $341,128.62 from the filing of false personal, corporate and payroll tax returns from 2007 to 2009, prosecutors say.
U.S. District Judge David Cercone scheduled DeBlasio's sentencing for Dec. 3.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Pirates trade for Mets 1B Davis
- Pittsburgh-area students on the hunt for the perfect prom dress
- Crews search for Latrobe woman in Linn Run State Park
- Hempfield native, 22, publishes with local independent press
- Man found fatally shot in Larimer a mile away from Homewood peace march
- Pirates notebook: Players show support for Franklin Regional
- Donald turns down New York invite for NFL Draft
- Sculpture at Phipps links art and sustainability
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- City Theatre cancels ‘Grounded’ through April 20
- Chat with Dejan Kovacevic: April 18, 2014