Woman: Ross spa owner fired her for refusing wax
Wax on, wax off?
A woman fired from a Ross Township spa says it's not quite that simple.
Jennifer Finley, of Wexford, is suing the European Wax Center, saying its owner fired her in October when she refused to let another employee perform a hair-removing wax procedure on her pubic area during a training exercise.
Finley says she understood that part of her job was to perform the procedure on customers, but Finley says she didn't want to be forced to submit to the technique by the shop and its owner, Ryan Glastein.
A woman who answered the spa's phone Tuesday says Glastein has instructed workers not to comment on the lawsuit.
Finley is seeking lost pay and other damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Rossi: At start, are Pens already finished?
- Steelers’ Roethlisberger still hurting after hard hit from Ravens’ Upshaw
- City of Pittsburgh detective, 2 boys finalize adoption before judge
- Identical twins born at West Penn Hospital a rare medical marvel
- Morton, Pirates blank Red Sox in series opener
- Steelers notebook: RT Gilbert not in danger of losing his job
- Penguins notebook: Martin not concerned about expiring contract
- Western Pa. colleges to emphasize curricula for energy, industrial fields
- Shoop’s preparation, expertise trickles down to Penn State defense
- Pirates notebook: Hurdle quiet on rotation plans
- Mylan CEO Bresch sets sights on growth