Woman: Ross spa owner fired her for refusing wax
Wax on, wax off?
A woman fired from a Ross Township spa says it's not quite that simple.
Jennifer Finley, of Wexford, is suing the European Wax Center, saying its owner fired her in October when she refused to let another employee perform a hair-removing wax procedure on her pubic area during a training exercise.
Finley says she understood that part of her job was to perform the procedure on customers, but Finley says she didn't want to be forced to submit to the technique by the shop and its owner, Ryan Glastein.
A woman who answered the spa's phone Tuesday says Glastein has instructed workers not to comment on the lawsuit.
Finley is seeking lost pay and other damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Captured: Manhunt ends for Pa. trooper ambush suspect Frein
- Veteran LB Harrison: Steelers must play to way defense is set up
- 5 Cal U football players arrested for assault; Saturday’s game canceled
- Pirates likely to seek pitcher, catcher when free agency starts
- Fleury, Penguins too much for Kings
- Steelers notebook: Fully healthy, rookie WR Bryant progressing fast
- Hackers’ new Dyre malware infects W.Pa. computers, vexes FBI cyber agents
- Rossi: The best Penguins defense is ... a potent offense
- Emaciated Lab-collie mix found in garbage bag in New Stanton
- Penguins assistant coach Tocchet wants Letang to shoot more on power play
- ‘Big play’ moniker fits veteran Steelers cornerback Gay