Woman: Ross spa owner fired her for refusing wax
Wax on, wax off?
A woman fired from a Ross Township spa says it's not quite that simple.
Jennifer Finley, of Wexford, is suing the European Wax Center, saying its owner fired her in October when she refused to let another employee perform a hair-removing wax procedure on her pubic area during a training exercise.
Finley says she understood that part of her job was to perform the procedure on customers, but Finley says she didn't want to be forced to submit to the technique by the shop and its owner, Ryan Glastein.
A woman who answered the spa's phone Tuesday says Glastein has instructed workers not to comment on the lawsuit.
Finley is seeking lost pay and other damages.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Unlike years past, strength of 2014 Steelers could be offense
- Wedding aboard Pittsburgh’s Gateway Clipper ends in arrests
- Dominion, Duke to build $5B natural gas pipeline from WV to NC
- Steelers Lookahead: Previewing Sunday’s game vs. Cleveland
- Campus visit sells 4-star Ohio recruit Hall on Panthers
- Ohio offensive lineman verbally commits to Pitt
- Steelers notebook: Polamalu made 1st-time captain; Roethlisberger named for offense
- Love locks tokens fall prey to renovations on Pittsburgh bridges
- Western Pa. districts aim to win back students from cyber charters
- Pa. judge identified who denied Trib request to view sexually explicit emails circulated in AG’s Office
- Housing market remains ‘disaster’ in Westmoreland County