Group of armed, masked men rob Seven Fields jewelry store
Armed robbers smashed display cases and stole watches and rings from a Seven Fields jewelry store Tuesday afternoon, Cranberry police said.
Four to five men, at least one armed with a shotgun, went into the Moses Jewelers store on Northpointe Circle about 1:20 p.m. and ordered employees to get onto the floor, Cranberry Sgt. Chuck Mascellino said in a news release. No injuries were reported.
Police said the robbers stole more than $250,000 worth of jewelry.
The men then smashed display cases and dropped watches and rings into bags before fleeing. The men were in the store about three minutes, police said.
Employees said they thought the men fled in a white four-door vehicle. They were uncertain which direction the men went.
Mascellino said police arrived at the store within two minutes of the robbery call, but weren't able to find the suspects or the vehicle.
The men, with one exception, covered their faces. Employees were not able to provide police with descriptions.
Police were examining surveillance video. Anyone with information about the robbery should call Cranberry police at 724-776-5180, ext. 5.
Bill Vidonic is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-380-5621 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates grind out extra-inning win against testy Tigers
- Shopping season starts up for Penguins amid onset of free agency
- Police identify Harmar man as victim in Washington Township crash
- Penguins notebook: Sheary hoping to return to organization
- 1 killed, several hurt as police chase ends in Oakland crash
- In historic vote, Legislature approves bill selling state liquor stores
- Pennsylvania Senate passes $30.1B GOP budget; Gov. Wolf veto likely
- Pittsburgh police solve fewer homicides
- Source: Fire at black church in South Carolina wasn’t arson
- Union to work while ATI talks continue
- 10 escape Greensburg house fire