Boy, 15, charged as adult in Aliquippa bar robbery
A 15-year-old homeless boy has been jailed and will be prosecuted as an adult in the armed robbery of a Beaver County bar.
Aliquippa police say an officer saw patrons running out of Dave's Town Bar just after 6 p.m. Monday.
Police chased the suspect, Edgard Fumbula, after they saw him carrying cash in one hand and a handgun in another.
Police say Fumbula threw the gun away and they've yet to find it, though Fumbula still had $372 allegedly taken from the bar.
Witnesses say Fumbula pointed the gun at a customer's head then at the bartender before demanding money.
Police say when Fumbula was tackled he yelled, “I'm 15 and you can't shoot a kid.”
Online court records don't list a defense attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Syrian border town emerges as pivot point in Islamic State fight
- Experience ‘Faces and Voices’
- Penn State succumbs to No. 13 Ohio State in double overtime
- Pirates must weigh risk, reward in attempt to sign Martin
- Pa. Supreme Court in ‘sad state’ as scandals tarnish reputation
- Penguins rebound with shutout of Predators
- Penguins’ Crosby OK with Neal comments about trade
- CDC’s misinformation spreads faster than Ebola virus
- Steelers notebook: Ex-Steeler Sanders living up to his word
- Starkey: Chryst missed his only shot
- Robinson: Rooney retains North Side roots