Boy, 15, charged as adult in Aliquippa bar robbery
By The Associated Press
Published: Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 9:30 a.m.
A 15-year-old homeless boy has been jailed and will be prosecuted as an adult in the armed robbery of a Beaver County bar.
Aliquippa police say an officer saw patrons running out of Dave's Town Bar just after 6 p.m. Monday.
Police chased the suspect, Edgard Fumbula, after they saw him carrying cash in one hand and a handgun in another.
Police say Fumbula threw the gun away and they've yet to find it, though Fumbula still had $372 allegedly taken from the bar.
Witnesses say Fumbula pointed the gun at a customer's head then at the bartender before demanding money.
Police say when Fumbula was tackled he yelled, “I'm 15 and you can't shoot a kid.”
Online court records don't list a defense attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Pirates trade for Mets first baseman Davis
- Orpik: Penguins must keep their cool
- Penguins’ Bylsma wants Cup version of Letang
- Latrobe woman texts searchers in Linn Run State Park to tell them she’s OK
- Alvarez struggles as Pirates fall short against Brewers
- Rossi: Pens sticking to power-play plan
- RiverQuest short of money, looks for a partner
- Survivors in critical condition a day after fifth Armstrong County car crash victim dies
- Former Mystic Inn burns in Republic, Fayette County
- Police say Latrobe woman bought gun for boyfriend, who shot neighbor
- Pirates notebook: Players show support for Franklin Regional