Boy, 15, charged as adult in Aliquippa bar robbery
A 15-year-old homeless boy has been jailed and will be prosecuted as an adult in the armed robbery of a Beaver County bar.
Aliquippa police say an officer saw patrons running out of Dave's Town Bar just after 6 p.m. Monday.
Police chased the suspect, Edgard Fumbula, after they saw him carrying cash in one hand and a handgun in another.
Police say Fumbula threw the gun away and they've yet to find it, though Fumbula still had $372 allegedly taken from the bar.
Witnesses say Fumbula pointed the gun at a customer's head then at the bartender before demanding money.
Police say when Fumbula was tackled he yelled, “I'm 15 and you can't shoot a kid.”
Online court records don't list a defense attorney.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- McKeesport park to get more regional asset funds
- Arnold man charged after 20-mile chase
- Falcons to host ‘Kitty Cat Game’
- Gunfire plagues New Kensington
- Business roundup: SEC fines Bank of America $7.65M for miscalculation; court-ordered anti-smoking ads challenged; more
- Home brew returns
- Car, bike show to outfit police
- At least $100,000 in appliances stolen from new homes around Western Pa.
- Monessen woman honored for service as church volunteer
- Water outage hits Washington Twp.
- Some La. hospitals bill rape victims; legislators vow to end policy