Raja to serve state Higher Education Assistance Agency
Published: Wednesday, July 3, 2013, 5:54 p.m.
Gov. Tom Corbett appointed fellow Republican D. Raja to serve on the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, his office said Wednesday.
Raja, 47, of Mt. Lebanon lost the race for county executive to Democrat Rich Fitzgerald in 2011.
Raja was among Corbett appointees the Senate recently approved. Janet Kelley, a Corbett spokeswoman, said Raja's business background will be an asset.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Travis, Jack lead Penn State past Marshall
- Central Catholic delivers crushing defensive performance to qualify for PIAA championship
- Robert Morris drops 5th straight game
- Cunning crocs use twigs to draw birds for a snack
- Blood cancers get new enemy
- Steelers notebook: TE Spaeth activated for stretch run
- Running game carries South Fayette past Hickory and into PIAA title game
- NFL notebook: Ravens activated TE Pitta, set to make season debut
- Cardinal Wuerl North Catholic dominates Clarion in PIAA semifinals
- South Greensburg bugler still playing ‘Taps,’ but few others continue tradition
- Police say fellow cop arrested for drunk driving after coming to work intoxicated