Raja to serve state Higher Education Assistance Agency
Gov. Tom Corbett appointed fellow Republican D. Raja to serve on the Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency, his office said Wednesday.
Raja, 47, of Mt. Lebanon lost the race for county executive to Democrat Rich Fitzgerald in 2011.
Raja was among Corbett appointees the Senate recently approved. Janet Kelley, a Corbett spokeswoman, said Raja's business background will be an asset.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Coach Johnston trying to figure out why Penguins ‘fell off a cliff’
- Protest planned Monday at Plum Borough High School
- Injured Penguins optimistic about returning next season
- Crosby, Malkin want to remain in Pittsburgh
- Behind starter Liriano, Pirates complete sweep of Diamondbacks
- Pirates notebook: Wainwright injury doesn’t sway Hurdle on DH
- Counselors available at Hempfield after crash kills student
- Washington’s Shelton grows into big role, looks forward to draft
- Hempfield teen hurt in single-vehicle crash
- Oak Ridge couple transforms 1820 house into quaint bed and breakfast
- Forbes Avenue jeweler’s embedded sidewalk sign safely slides out to make way for Pittsburgh Playhouse project