Arson suspected in fires at 3 vacant New Castle houses
Police and fire investigators suspect arson in three vacant homes that caught fire within 30 minutes of one another in New Castle.
The first fire was reported about 11 p.m. Thursday. As fire crews battled it, a second call came for a house six blocks away. The third house was located about six blocks from the second fire.
The third fire was at a home damaged last year when someone set fire to a vacant home next door. Last year's fire was one of 12 that city officials determined were intentionally set. An investigation led to arrests.
Nobody was hurt in any of Thursday night's fires.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Police still looking for man suspected of robbing 2 people at knifepoint in Ambridge
- UPMC researcher died of acute cyanide poisoning, medical examiner says
- No decision yet on charges against elderly driver who struck and killed pregnant woman
- Icy roads cause accidents, slow traffic across Western Pa.
- Stakes high as ex-Saints receiver Moore faces his former team
- Magicians stage effort to restore Houdini’s grave
- Witnesses help identify 2nd teen charged in killing Andre Roberts
- Steelers notebook: Injury to RT Gilbert opens door for Adams to start
- Photo of suspect in Greendale Tavern burglary/fire released
- Washington Co. couple sues Range Resources over drilling, water
- Boyce Park, Seven Springs, Hidden Valley ski resorts open today