Arson suspected in fires at 3 vacant New Castle houses
Police and fire investigators suspect arson in three vacant homes that caught fire within 30 minutes of one another in New Castle.
The first fire was reported about 11 p.m. Thursday. As fire crews battled it, a second call came for a house six blocks away. The third house was located about six blocks from the second fire.
The third fire was at a home damaged last year when someone set fire to a vacant home next door. Last year's fire was one of 12 that city officials determined were intentionally set. An investigation led to arrests.
Nobody was hurt in any of Thursday night's fires.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Starkey: Chryst a miserable failure at Pitt
- Pouliot scores in NHL debut as Penguins tame Panthers
- Pitt players support Rudolph for job
- Real estate union: Howard Hanna buys Langholz Wilson Ellis
- Ex-Penguins defenseman Niskanen still miffed by coaches’ firings
- Pitt football fights to overcome steppingstone status
- Jeannette company’s miniature steam engines coveted for decades
- Steelers’ Bell, Chiefs’ Charles elevating running back position in NFL
- Westmoreland County furloughs weights and measurements director
- Pair of NYC officers killed in ambush shooting
- 3 charged in East Deer home invasion