Arson suspected in fires at 3 vacant New Castle houses
Police and fire investigators suspect arson in three vacant homes that caught fire within 30 minutes of one another in New Castle.
The first fire was reported about 11 p.m. Thursday. As fire crews battled it, a second call came for a house six blocks away. The third house was located about six blocks from the second fire.
The third fire was at a home damaged last year when someone set fire to a vacant home next door. Last year's fire was one of 12 that city officials determined were intentionally set. An investigation led to arrests.
Nobody was hurt in any of Thursday night's fires.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Five questions facing Steelers entering training camp
- Steelers cut linebacker Kion Wilson, sign cornerback Toler
- North Huntingdon woman charged with threatening to burn down officer’s house
- Pirates’ Melancon has been consistent since moving into closer’s role
- Aliquippa father is charged by Beaver County DA in girls’ dresser death
- Well-traveled Clemons trying to find home with Carolina Panthers
- Baby girl dies when run over by pickup truck in Indiana County
- Friday’s scouting report: Pirates at Rockies
- Fire damages Derry house
- New workout craze Piloxing combines mix of disciplines
- Israel hits 30 Gaza homes, kills senior militant