Arson suspected in fires at 3 vacant New Castle houses
By The Associated Press
Published: Friday, July 5, 2013, 10:54 a.m.
Police and fire investigators suspect arson in three vacant homes that caught fire within 30 minutes of one another in New Castle.
The first fire was reported about 11 p.m. Thursday. As fire crews battled it, a second call came for a house six blocks away. The third house was located about six blocks from the second fire.
The third fire was at a home damaged last year when someone set fire to a vacant home next door. Last year's fire was one of 12 that city officials determined were intentionally set. An investigation led to arrests.
Nobody was hurt in any of Thursday night's fires.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Switch in pairings helps Penguins defensemen find groove in Game 3
- Penguins insider: Malkin found confidence in Game 3
- Kovacevic: No science to solving power play
- Husband to stand trial in Derry middle school teacher’s murder
- SCI-Pittsburgh inmate taken to AGH after ‘severe beating’
- Pirates notebook: MLB metes out suspensions
- ACC announces Pitt’s opponents for next 2 seasons; Powell signs with Dukes
- Pennsylvania Gov. Corbett wants candidate Wolf to release tax records
- Blue Jackets notebook: Columbus wants another crack at playing with lead
- Preview of Wednesday’s Reds-Pirates game
- Steelers pick up defensive end Heyward’s option for 2015 season