Community centers' hours extended Saturday because of heat
Pittsburgh and Allegheny County will provide seniors with relief from the heat on Saturday.
The city's Greenfield, Homewood, Market House and Sheraden community centers will be open from 11 a.m. to 7 p.m. as “real feel” temperatures are expected to reach 90 degrees. Refreshments will be provided. In addition to games hosted by activity directors, seniors can play pool, access the Internet or use exercise equipment.
For more information, call Citiparks at 412-422-6405.
The county's Jewish Community Center in Squirrel Hill will be open from 8 a.m to 6 p.m.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Komen acceptance of drilling-linked money raises ire
- Linebacker Harrison coming along slowly since return to Steelers
- Steelers notebook: Shazier returns just in time
- Lower Burrell man charged with shoplifting
- Penguins notebook: Carcillo has no hard feelings after failing to make roster
- Monsour hospital properties sold at free-and-clear sale
- Critics claim state Attorney General Kane puts politics first
- Pitt puts focus to test in jumbled ACC Coastal race
- Penn State seeks recruiting win in ‘whiteout’ game
- Pens look to buck shots, goals trend
- Corbett, Wolf resort to sticks, stones to attract attention