Purse stolen in Shaler home invasion
Police are searching for a gunman accused in a home invasion Friday in Shaler.
The man, who was armed with a handgun, entered the home on Seavey Road and demanded money from the resident, township police said. The gunman fled with the woman's purse at 2:45 p.m., police said.
The man is described as white, in his 30s, about 5 feet, 6 inches tall with medium build and short hair. He was wearing khaki shorts.
After running out of the house, police said, he got into a red station wagon with tinted windows and a possible license plate HTX-6159. A second person was in the vehicle but no description was available.
Anyone with information is asked to call 911.
Michael Hasch is a staff writer for Trib Total Media. He can be reached at 412-320-7820 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
- Marte’s bat, Worley’s arm show improvement in Pirates win
- Highmark asks patients to ‘Meet Dr. Right’
- Sanchez odd man out with Pirates recalling Stewart
- Penguins pushing to sell playoff tickets
- Daily News roundup: Elizabeth Forward baseball knocks off BVA
- Butler County new home sales surge in 2014
- Stakes raised for Pitt spring game
- Federal appeals court appears divided on Obama’s immigrant deportation shield
- Steelers visit with Arizona State receiver Strong, claim long snapper
- Penguins stars Crosby, Malkin enduring playoff slump
- Mackey: For Pens’ Winnik, playing with Crosby an ongoing process