Woman killed in Washington County crash
A Washington County woman died early Sunday when her car left a roadway and struck a tree in Ellsworth.
Ilene Nicole Corpora, 27, of Fredericktown died at 2:20 a.m., Coroner Tim Warco said. He ruled her death an accident.
Corpora was the driver and lone occupant of a Honda sedan traveling north on Beallsville-Bentleyville Road when it crossed the center line about 1:25 a.m. and went off the right berm, traveling about 81 feet before striking the tree.
Show commenting policy
TribLive commenting policy
You are solely responsible for your comments and by using TribLive.com you agree to our Terms of Service.
We moderate comments. Our goal is to provide substantive commentary for a general readership. By screening submissions, we provide a space where readers can share intelligent and informed commentary that enhances the quality of our news and information.
While most comments will be posted if they are on-topic and not abusive, moderating decisions are subjective. We will make them as carefully and consistently as we can. Because of the volume of reader comments, we cannot review individual moderation decisions with readers.
We value thoughtful comments representing a range of views that make their point quickly and politely. We make an effort to protect discussions from repeated comments either by the same reader or different readers.
We follow the same standards for taste as the daily newspaper. A few things we won't tolerate: personal attacks, obscenity, vulgarity, profanity (including expletives and letters followed by dashes), commercial promotion, impersonations, incoherence, proselytizing and SHOUTING. Don't include URLs to Web sites.
We do not edit comments. They are either approved or deleted. We reserve the right to edit a comment that is quoted or excerpted in an article. In this case, we may fix spelling and punctuation.
We welcome strong opinions and criticism of our work, but we don't want comments to become bogged down with discussions of our policies and we will moderate accordingly.
We appreciate it when readers and people quoted in articles or blog posts point out errors of fact or emphasis and will investigate all assertions. But these suggestions should be sent via e-mail. To avoid distracting other readers, we won't publish comments that suggest a correction. Instead, corrections will be made in a blog post or in an article.
- Jerome Bettis to be enshrined in hall of fame
- 8th-grader gets venture capital for inexpensive Braille-printer
- Suggestions are aplenty on what Penguins need to break through
- Tennessee quarterback Peterman considers transfer to Pitt
- Gulls fleeing frozen Great Lakes fill skies over Pittsburgh’s Point
- CMU software eases task of mining prostitution ads
- Penguins minor league notebook: Rookie Wilson emerges as 3rd-line NHL prospect
- Rossi: History beckons for Seattle’s Seahawks
- EXCLUSIVE TO THE TRIB: Treat Pennsylvania’s pension crisis as an opportunity, not a political hot potato
- Franklin Regional wrestling rallies to top Belle Vernon, defends team title
- Penguins notebook: Malkin could return Wednesday at Edmonton